Security Science Quiz
1. UL standards require that central stations maintain their records for at least …
b) Three years
c) As per the requirements of the authority having jurisdiction (AHJ)
d) One year
2. Liquidated damages, limitation of liability, and third party indemnification clauses are what you would normally expect to find in …
a) Licensing laws, statutes and standards
b) An alarm contract
c) UL standards
d) NFPA standards
3. All system grounding shall be in accordance with …
a) Articles 72 and 2075
b) Articles 250 and 800
c) Articles 1023 and 985
d) Articles 681 and 827
4. What is the percentage of zinc that must be used by weight when coating with a cold galvanized paint for field welds and brazing on enclosures, conduits and factory galvanized boxes?
5. Fidelity bonds reimburse the employer for what types of losses?
b) Employee theft of cash, embezzlement, employee theft of other property and securities
d) Only scheduled items on your policy
6. DSP is the CCTV acronym for
a) Digital signal processing
b) Digital signal photo-beam
c) Data security protection
d) Digital signal protocol
7. When installing a fiber-optic signal system the most important part of this cable type is the …
a) Glass insulation
b) The glass fiber itself
c) The actual distance of the cable length
d) The extremely low efficiency of this cable type
8. For the design of video surveillance systems, what are the two fundamental types of light and heat sources?
a) Sun and moon
b) Starlight and low light
c) Artificial and natural
d) IR and UV lighting
9. When installing and troubleshooting video surveillance systems it is important to know the low and high impedances of video monitor connections and terminations. The low and high impedances are generally quantified as follows …
a) Low 750 ohms and high 100,000-250,000 ohms
b) Low 500 ohms and high 10,000-125,000
c) Low 75 ohms and high 10,000-100,000
d) Low 75 ohms and high 7,500-9,500
10. For color cathode ray tube (CRT) components, what would be a component that you would expect to find with this equipment?
a) Electron beams focus to form one color pixel cluster
b) Electron beam focusing control
c) Horizontal deflection motor
d) Horizontal reflection coil
11. A vectorscope is designed to evaluate …
a) Outside lighting conditions
b) Inside lighting conditions
c) Color parameters using the standard color bar signal with 75% amplitude
d) Color parameters using the superior standard color bar signal with 57% amplitude
12. The two general classifications of signal distortion in CCTV systems are …
a) Black-and-white and color
b) IP and analog
c) EMI and RFI
d) Linear and nonlinear
Jeffrey D. Zwirn, CPP, CFPS, CFE, DABFET, CHS-III, SET, RI, is a forensic alarm industry expert and President of Teaneck, N.J.-based IDS Research & Development Inc. He can be reached at (201) 287-0900 or email@example.com. This column is not intended as legal advice and should not be construed as such.
Records & Inventory Reminders
- Randomly check your subscriber contracts to ensure that everything is executed by your subscriber and that all paperwork is in order.
- Randomly check your work orders to analyze and evaluate if they are filled out properly and that your technicians are following your procedures.
- Meet with your insurance agent at least once per year to determine if you have sufficient coverages for each aspect of your business.
- Consistently provide training to each of your employees and document all training provided in their employee files.
- Maintain stringent inventory controls to minimize loss.
- Track bad out-of-the-box equipment, and returns, so that you are not paying twice for this equipment, and so you do not get back repaired equipment when you are entitled to new equipment.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!