Systems Integrator Star Asset Security Takes Managed Services Model to Market
Star Asset says it is now one of a small subset of multidisciplinary providers equipped and positioned to meet end-to-end physical security needs.
ORLANDO, Fla. — Star Asset Security has evolved its traditional security integration business into a true managed services model with the primary focus of helping businesses solve problems through technology, automation and analytics.
In today’s IoT world, the proactive management and maintenance of physical security systems have become mission critical to properly manage and reduce cyber risk, increase staff and public safety and meet increasing regulation and compliance requirements, Star Asset Security states in an announcement.
“We are excited to take everything we learned in our IT Managed Services business and apply it to the physical security industry to create a true Managed Physical Security Service,” says CTO Chris A. Davis.
Star Asset Security states it has dedicated its entire focus to “Service Assurance” by creating an in-house security operations center (SOC) to proactively mitigate risk by providing real-time alerts with health monitoring capabilities and best-in-class end-to-end management.
Service Assurance takes an IT-centric approach with people, processes and automated technology to ensure optimal service levels, promptly resolving issues and reducing downtime. This model provides customers with a cost-efficient way to reduce liabilities, ensure compliance and increase safety through the following blend of features, according to the company.
The company states the program includes:
- Proactive monitoring through advanced tools and predictive artificial intelligence (AI) safeguards physical security and IT networks.
- Service desk support delivers multilocation support for incidents through service level agreements. Certified physical security technicians use automation and technology to process tickets and provide notifications in real time.
- Field support is dispatched by the company for cases that can’t be solved remotely.
- Cybersecurity management provides customers with advanced anti-malware endpoint protection and intrusion detection on managed devices, patching and ongoing firmware updates.
- Program management provides a customized user experience with dashboards, reports and portals that are tailored to a customer’s business processes and standards.
- Project support manages new locations, hardware upgrades and new technology rollouts.
“Utilizing the management tools and best practices from our ION247 IT Managed Services business has allowed our physical security business to evolve into a proactive managed services business model we simply could not have achieved with our traditional security integrator back-office systems,” says Vice President Jack Johnson.
Additional capabilities can be included to meet clients end goals including services such as live video monitoring, managed access control, intrusion detection and managed video surveillance. These services help clients meet future demands with full lifecycle service, maintenance and technology upgrades, lowering the cost of ownership and increasing profitability with reduced downtime.
The company, based here, operates nine offices and provides it services throughout the South Central and Southeastern regions.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!