Strut Your Stuff at the SAMMYs!
Attention installing electronic security contractors! Here are a few questions I would like you to ask yourself:
- When you complete an installation, does your company feel a sense of pride in the quality of your work?
- Do you go out of your way to make sure your customer is not just satisfied, but elated that he/she decided to do business with you?
- Does your company creatively “think out of the box” in relation to sales, marketing and promotional materials?
- Do you believe genuine recognition of a job well done is a powerful human motivator?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, I would like to personally invite you to participate in our 2006 SAMMY Awards. Our awards program takes place on the eve of opening day at the International Security Conference & Exposition (ISC) West in Las Vegas and is an officially recognized ISC-sponsored event.
Before you say, “Ah, I don’t have a chance to win!” Fuggetiboutit! I want you to know installing companies of all sizes can win awards in the following 12 “best” categories:
- Integrated Residential Installation of the Year
- Integrated Commercial/Industrial Installation of the Year
- Overall Integrated Marketing Program of the Year
- Sales Brochure: Residential
- Sales Brochure: Commercial/Industrial
- Newspaper/Yellow-Page Advertisement
- Company Newsletter
- Television/Radio Advertisement
- Web Site Design
- Company Logo Design (yard sign and/or business card)
- Vehicle Graphics Design
- Promotional Giveaway Item
Do the winning or runner-up companies have the largest budget or the greatest resources? Not necessarily. Throughout its 10-year history, the SAMMYs have featured winners from all strata of the alarm industry. In fact, the categories have been devised to promote equal opportunity for installing electronic security contactors big and small.
Just imagine this: A majestic SAMMY trophy prominently exhibited in your office, serving as a powerful testimonial to potential customers of your company’s commitment to quality. In addition, the exposure you receive in the pages of a prominent national trade magazine (SSI, of course) can be shown to prospects.
In the case of the grand prizes, what better way to impress clients of your prowess than by showing them your trophy and magazine coverage as the 2005 Integrated Residential or Commercial/Industrial Installation of the Year, or Overall Integrated Marketing Program Award winner?
Featuring hors d’oeuvres, beverages and a multimedia presentation, the SAMMYs have been likened to the security industry’s version of the Oscars – without the fancy tuxedoes! In addition, the awards presentation and ceremony has become a great place to meet and network with contemporaries, and the subsequent in-depth coverage in SSI has spread the message far and wide. It’s simple, and FREE to enter!
For complete SAMMYs rules, judging criteria, entry form and other information, visit SSI‘s SAMMYs Web site at www.thesammyawards.com. If people are always complimenting your company about your installations and marketing materials, trust me you have what it takes! Please take some time to submit your entry. So what are you waiting for? The deadline for entries is Nov. 30, but beware – procrastination is the enemy!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!