Arlo Launches SaaS Version of Smart Service Platform
Arlo says its SmartCloud solution extends its platform to partners to help innovate and deploy new opportunities beyond its own camera ecosystem.
LAS VEGAS — Arlo Technologies (NYSE: ARLO) announces the launch of Arlo SmartCloud, a SaaS version of its Arlo Smart service platform that is currently deployed as part of the company’s security camera solutions.
Arlo SmartCloud is said to be a fully managed robust global platform of capabilities built for security, scalability and reliability that can be easily deployed as part of advanced subscription services for hardware companies, automotive companies, service providers, insurance companies, home builders, smart communities, smart cities, traditional security companies, and other related verticals.
Arlo SmartCloud is professionally managed by industry experts, easy to use and boasts flexibility for end-to-end live streaming, storage and computer vision, according to the company.
Arlo SmartCloud brings numerous features to any connected image or video ecosystem including:
- Computer Vision: A low latency computer vision pipeline compatible with numerous compression and container formats to support real-time vision and video-enabled apps
- Multi-Object Detection: Simultaneous object detection based on proprietary machine learning such as person, package, vehicle, animal, or custom requested objects.
- Audio Analysis: Flexible audio analysis to determine security or other events.
- Real Time, 2-Way Communications: Multiple audio and video communication features including full SIP-based, VoIP quality communication between end points.
- E911: Fully integrated Enhanced 911 services on per location basis.
- Scaled Platform Services: A scaled and high-performance platform for real-time events, encode/decode, encryption, analytics, secure storage and streaming currently handling more than 150 million transactions per day in over 200 countries around the world.
“Arlo has deeply invested in building an industry-leading platform for advanced AI and security services. We are also an independent company focused on data security and user privacy that operates this platform as part of a trusted relationship with our customers,” says Tejas Shah, SVP product and chief information officer. “With Arlo SmartCloud, we are extending our platform to partners to help innovate and deploy new opportunities beyond our own camera ecosystem.”
Arlo SmartCloud has plug-and-play APIs for simple deployment of existing services and Arlo will provide consulting, custom development and integration services for tailored applications of the platform.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!