Avondale Changes Alarm Ordinance Rules
AVONDALE, Ariz. — The city council here has expanded the duties of CryWolf False Alarm Solutions to help curb false alarms.
In 2011, the city council approved an ordinance that used an enhanced call verification (ECV) program. Despite implementing the program last year, false burglar alarms still cost the city $28,887 in wasted police and dispatcher time from May 1, 2012 to April 30, 2013, AZCentral.com reports.
Changes to the ordinance will take effect Nov. 6. Alarm subscribers with no false alarms within a 365-day period will not have to pay the city’s $25 annual registration fee. Police will not respond to alarm owners with four or more false alarms and has outstanding false alarm fines unless the alarm monitoring company verifies the alarm is real.
CryWolf will now take over collecting alarm fees and fines, as well as administer the city’s ECV program. Avondale’s alarm ordinance fines will remain the same.
Recommended for You:
- Avondale Ordinance Overturned; Dealers Won’t Have to Foot False Alarm Fines
- CryWolf to Help Atlanta Cut Down on False Alarms
- Contractor to Help Dunwoody (Ga.) Manage False Alarms
- Reading (Pa.) Hires Contractor to Manage False Alarms
- Alarm Management Program Helps Santa Fe (N.M.) Collect $500K in Fines
- Bay Area City May Hire Contractor to Handle False Alarm Fines
- False Alarm Update: British Cut False Alarms in Half During Past 10 Years
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!