Death of Doctor a Reminder of Need for CO Detectors

DAVENPORT, Iowa

The death of a doctor by carbon monoxide poison is being used to raise an alarm about the need for CO detectors. Dr. Kevin P. “Kip” Wilson, who was killed by carbon monoxide poison, was honored in Davenport, Iowa, at the Genesis Heart Institute. Wilson was an anesthesiologist and medical director for the Genesis Pain Management Center in Bettendorf.

The medical staff of the center presented $5,000 each to the Davenport and Bettendorf fire departments for the purchase of CO detectors. They will be distributed throughout the community. The Genesis medical staff collected half of the funds and the other half was donated by the health system.

Wilson’s father, Peter B. Wilson, also died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!

Security Is Our Business, Too

For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Commercial Integrator + Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add to your bottom line.

A FREE subscription to the top resource for security and integration industry will prove to be invaluable.

Subscribe Today!

Get Our Newsletters