Investing in Your Rising Leaders
Here are the top three reasons you should invest in the rising leaders within your business and how to do it!
Everywhere we turn it seems like there is more information on millennials, how they are different from previous generations, and what that means to our businesses. This is not about millennials but it is about how investing in those rising through the ranks in your business is critical to your organization’s future success.
The fact of the matter is that you probably have rising leaders within your business that span more than one generation and now is the time to invest in them to demonstrate how much you value their contributions. Investing in your future leadership will create more loyalty, reduce turnover and result in employees that have additional leadership skills that will positively impact the culture and bottom line in your company.
ESA is committed to providing members with education, resources and events designed to cultivate those that will be taking over the reins of security companies over the next 5-10 years. ESA’s Young Security Professional (YSP) Group is a group does just that. It provides a forum for information exchange, networking and education. Earlier this year the ESA Mentorship Program was launched and it has been an overwhelming success thus far. The benefits have been realized financially in operations, marketing, retention, sales, and an overall increase in value to the participants in the program.
Taking these three steps will get you well on your way to positioning your business for continued success:
1. Join ESA
- Make sure your company is a member of ESA to take advantage of the many benefits from access to the industry’s best training, insurance solutions, government advocacy and a tremendous amount of additional resources. When you are a member of ESA your rising stars have access to ESA’s Young Security Professionals group. More information is available at www.ESAweb.org/YSP.
2. Participate in ESA’s Mentorship Program
- Select one or two key rising leaders within your organization and sit down with them to let them know that you value their contributions and that you see a great deal of promise in their future. Then explain that you want them to participate in ESA’s Mentorship Program. This means they will take part in monthly calls with a mentor, complete the professional development series that includes reading two books and attending webinars and educational seminars at ESA events. To apply please go to www.ESAweb.org/MentorshipProgram today. Please consider personally participating in the program as a mentor yourself.
3. Send Your Key Team Members to the YSP Rising Leaders Forum
- If you prefer to dip your toe in the water and learn more about how these programs will benefit your business, then send one or two team members to the YSP Rising Leaders Forum. YSP’s have partnered with Command Sergeant Major and Senior Enlisted Leader (retired) with the 3rd Special Forces Group and now CEO of Leader Solutions and Decision Support, LLC, Terry Peters to deliver an event like this industry has never seen. Attendees will gain career-changing leadership skills, benefit from networking opportunities, learn in dynamic sessions and an impactful keynote presentation. Visit www.ESAweb.org/RisingLeadersForum to register your team for the YSP Rising Leaders Forum taking place October 11-13 at Skamania Lodge in Stevenson, WA.
Taking advantage of these programs and resources that ESA makes available to the industry will undoubtedly benefit your business, and cultivate your leadership skills and those of your team. To learn more about how to leverage all that ESA has to offer, contact ESA Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Shannon Murphy at Shannon.Murphy@ESAweb.org or at 972-807-6835.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!