ISC West Announces 2023 Programming at The Bridge and Career Zone
The Bridge’s new design has been elevated to reflect the future of the security industry and its professionals.
NORWALK, Conn. — International Security Conference (ISC) West, in collaboration with premier sponsor Security Industry Association (SIA), has announced premier education and events taking place at The Bridge and Career Zone. ISC West will kick off its annual conference on March 28 at the Venetian Expo in Las Vegas.
The Bridge, ISC West’s main stage destination, will spotlight innovation and special events throughout the show. The brand-new Career Zone, showcased on the Show Floor, will also host a range of informative sessions focused on career growth and workforce development. Throughout ISC West, attendees will discover cutting-edge technologies, expand industry relationships, and find solutions to their security dilemmas while attending industry award ceremonies and hearing from impactful leaders.
“This year, attendees will experience hands on learning, networking opportunities and the chance to see new innovations firsthand – all qualities that ISC West is known for,” says Mary Beth Shaughnessy, ISC event vice president.
The Bridge’s new design has been elevated to reflect the future of the security industry and its professionals, reports ISC West. Noteworthy events being held at The Bridge (booth #25063) include these education events:
- Collaborating for Safety: Orchestrating the Video Security Ecosystem with AI Vendors for Business Success (Wednesday, March 29, 10:15 – 11:00 a.m.) – Featuring: Will Stewart, Intel; Lisa McGarvey, TD Synnex; Shawn Hackett, TD Synnex; Jason Dumas, Wireless Guardian; Matt Tyler, Wachter; and Brian Sweet, Convergint. Sponsored by TD Synnex, and in collaboration with Intel, speakers will discuss the intersection of software, hardware and services and how to create impactful outcomes.
- Threats from Above: Using Counter Drone technology to Build Resilience in Critical Infrastructure (Wednesday, March 29, 11:15 – 12:15 p.m.) – Featuring: Joe Morgan, Axis Communications and Jackson Markey, Dedrone. Sponsored by Axis Communications, both speakers will discuss the unmanned aerial vehicles risks to critical infrastructure, how to assess it, and how to deploy modern day solutions.
- Time to Look Up – Drones are Here: The Drone Threat 2023-2025 (Thursday, March30, 11:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.) – Featuring: Casey Flanagan; Leo McCloskey; and Tom Driscoll. Sponsored by Echodyne, this panel will consider the risks posed by drones, the available tools and solutions, and the implications of a lively legislative calendar focused on drones in the airspace.
These special events are also being held at The Bridge (booth #25063):
- SAMMY Awards & Hall of Fame (Wednesday, March 29, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.) — Security Sales & Integration hosts the 28th SAMMY Awards, honoring dealers and integrators for their sales, marketing, business and installation excellence.
- SIA New Products & Solutions Awards Ceremony (Wednesday March 29, 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.) – New products and solutions are reviewed by a panel of judges with extensive industry experience, and entrants compete for awards in 36 categories, as well as the prestigious Best New Product and Judges’ Choice awards.
- Day 3 Keynote: SIA Women in Security Forum Breakfast Keynote – On the Edge: The Art of High Impact Leadership (Friday, March 31, 10:10-11:00 a.m.) – Featuring Alison Levine, First American Women’s Everest Expedition Team Captain. Sponsored by Apple & dormakaba, attendees will hear Alison’s story of surviving sub-zero temperatures, hurricane force winds, sudden avalanches, and a career on Wall Street.
ISC is also highlighting its new Career Zone this year. The hub is dedicated to up-and-coming professionals and industry leaders with various events, including mentorship and skills workshops, along with various educational sessions. In addition, attendees are welcome to visit the headshot studio, where they will receive free professional headshots capturing their confidence, professionalism, and expertise.
Highlights of the Career Zone, located at Booth #2123, include:
- Building a Personal Brand (Wednesday, March 29, 2:15 – 3:15 p.m.) – Join Kim Hooper, a passionate leader with over 21 years of experience with the security industry working with Fortune 500 companies, and Benji Bolick, senior digital communications specialist for ASSA ABLOY Opening Solutions Americas, as they help you distinguish yourself. Discover how to create a personal brand that reflects your likes, interests, values and personality.
- SIA Learning and Development Forum (Thursday, March 30, 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.) – Attendees can engage in discussions, ask questions and share insights on learning and development initiatives that support various roles within the security industry. The forum discussion will be led by: Elli Reges, director of learning and development for SIA; Christopher Peckham, COO of Ollivier Corporation; Rob Hile, general manager for the Florida operations for GC&E System Group.
- Building an Impactful Social Network (Thursday, March 30, 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.) – Attendees of this session will hear from several of the security industry’s leading LinkedIn “micro-influencers.” They have a following of 40,000+ people, many of whom view their posts almost daily. With this extensive social marketing reach into our industry, successful influencers expose the entire industry to new ideas, services and products. Speakers: David Morgan of SD Marketing; Candice Aragon, vice president of marketing and education at The PSA Network; Chad Cooper of Motorola Solutions; Jason Wright, ASIS Emerging Technology Committee member.
“The next generation is our future, and we must provide them with ample opportunities to create a better and safer tomorrow,” adds Shaughnessy. “All industry professionals are invited to experience, learn, and connect with leading industry professionals in the Career Zone.”
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!