15 Nonprofits Win $10K Worth of Security Services, Equipment From Security 101
The program donates $10,000 worth of integrated security services from locally owned Security 101 offices and equipment from Axis Communications.
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — Security 101 announces the winners of its 6th Annual Gift of Security corporate giving program.
The program donates $10,000 worth of integrated security services from locally owned Security 101 offices and equipment from program product partner, Axis Communications, to deserving nonprofits.
All integrated security solutions provided are completely free for the winners.
Nonprofit winners are selected by the public through an online voting poll that ran from Nov. 16 to Dec. 8. The company says nearly 70,000 votes were cast this year to determine the 2018 Gift of Security award winners.
The winners for 2017 are:
- Charlestown, S.C. – Carolina Youth Development Center provides prevention, intervention and treatment programs to 1,200 vulnerable children and families
- Charlotte, N.C. – Ada Jenkins Center empowers people to break the cycle of poverty through the integration of health, education and human services
- Columbus, Ohio – University Circle is a non-profit private school chartered by the state for innovative programs for toddlers through high school
- Dallas – Autism Treatment Center helps people with autism and related disorders to learn, work, play and live in the community
- Detroit – St. Thomas a’ Becket is a Canton-based Catholic community serving more than 10,000 registered parishioners
- Hampton Roads, Va. – For Kids is one of the largest providers for homeless families in Virginia, assisting with housing programs and extended family services
- Jacksonville, Fla. – Seamark Ranch provides a safe home, educational opportunities and childcare programs for children who have lost support of a family
- New Jersey – The Arc of Monmouth improves the lives of persons with intellectual and development disabilities through advocacy, services and support
- Orlando, Fla. – Pace Brantley School, a non-profit school, focuses on students needing individual attention, specialized teaching and the rebuilding of self-esteem
- Phoenix – Sojourner Center, a domestic violence service organization provides emergency shelter, transitional housing, education and other services
- Pittsburgh – Pittsburgh Action Against Rape is dedicated to assisting victims of sexual abuse and ending sexual violence in the community
- Raleigh, N.C. – Durham Rescue Mission provides safe shelter for the homeless. Clients have their basic needs met with food, safe shelter and clothing
- Richmond, Va. – Real Life assists individuals who have been impacted by incarceration or those battling addiction to overcome barriers and obstacles
- San Diego – Twin Hills Youth & Recreation Park provides fields and facilities for youth baseball and softball leagues
- Salt Lake City – The Christmas Box International works to prevent child abuse and improve the quality of life for abused or neglected children and young adults
Since its inception, the Gift of Security has provided integrated security solutions to nearly 30 organizations. Local offices are privately owned and under no obligation to participate in the Gift of Security, however, the company says employees at participating local offices often donate their time during the work week to execute the program and time on the weekend for installations.
“We wholeheartedly believe in giving back to the communities where we do business and several of the winners were subject to recent security incidents,” says Steve Crespo, Security 101’s CEO. “Applying our expertise to help nonprofit organizations that otherwise might not be able to afford protection is why we are all so passionate. Our goal is to have all 37 office locations participating in the program.”
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!