Openpath Partners With Cisco Meraki for Cloud VMS Integration
Openpath’s access control capabilities will be paired with Cisco Meraki’s Cloud-based technology, including smart camera intelligence.
CULVER CITY, Calif. — Openpath, a provider of touchless access control and workplace safety automation, announces a new video management system (VMS) partnership integration with Cisco Meraki.
Openpath’s access control capabilities will be paired with Cisco Meraki’s Cloud-based technology, including smart camera intelligence that delivers data and analytics providing insights that help users make smarter business decisions, according to the company.
The enterprise-grade features of both systems are said to offer Cisco’s global sales channel and customer base a solution for those who require Cloud-first, security technology that can be managed from any location in real-time.
“Physical security needs have significantly evolved in the last decade, becoming more and more complex,” says Bret Hull, chief technology officer for Cisco Meraki. “Our partnership with Openpath enables our end customers to use two complementary portfolios, rooted in shared
beliefs of simplicity and security, helping them better secure and safeguard their infrastructure.”
Openpath says moving to a Cloud-based solution eliminates the costs associated with managing on premise software, and provides additional benefits to users such as:
- Enhanced Customer Experience: The integrated security platform combines two systems together without having to compromise on features, performance and expert support across all aspects of the technology.
- Heightened Security: Linking access activity with video footage enhances asset protection and awareness in any facility. The integrated dashboard helps both on-site and remote monitoring security teams to keep track of who is accessing a given space at a given time.
- Remote Management: The comprehensive, Cloud-based system allows organizations to manage their entire building security system from anywhere. From adjusting entries, to accessing reports, to remotely unlocking the door, it’s all done in just a few clicks. The dashboard can support one or multiple sites, allowing for staffing flexibility, configuration and monitoring from a single pane of glass.
- Find and Follow: With the combination of visual verification, accurate video search, real-time alerts all linked to access events, security teams can find people and follow them through the timeline of a security event as they move around a facility. This capability allows for resolution in real-time of security situations and enhances audit and compliance reviews with easy to access and accurate tracking.
- Real-time Alerting: Activating the alert functionality will ensure immediate notification for access events such as doors being propped open. Access event alerting will now include video footage to improve decision making for security teams and allow security teams to be mobile and cover more ground with less effort.
- Enhanced Reporting & Analytics: Cisco Meraki’s video analytics and Openpath’s Bluetooth Low Energy-enabled presence data provide valuable insights and data to improve operations, reduce security risks and predict future issues before they occur.
- Wave to Unlock: With Openpath’s touchless Wave to Unlock technology and mobile credentials, employees don’t have to touch a thing to access the office. A quick wave of the hand is all it takes to unlock lobby doors, conference rooms, elevators, turnstiles and more.
- Backwards Compatibility: Openpath can run on legacy wiring, reducing costs and time to upgrade any legacy system. Furthermore, Openpath will work with existing badges and readers, integrates with existing directory services like Active Directory, Okta and OneLogin, and can run hybrid alongside any legacy access control system providing Cisco Meraki customers with deployment flexibility and an easy upgrade path.
The combined solutions are currently deployed at the University of Virginia to secure research facilities at its Biocomplexity Institute. The integrated solution is said to be extremely valuable for the security staff, as the Cloud-based capabilities make it easy to monitor multiple sites with just one or two people from a single location.
“The combination of Cisco Meraki and Openpath gives us an easy to access security dashboard from which we can monitor our sites and adjust our access privileges, hours of operation and work groups all remotely. This has come in handy with the latest COVID-19 workplace changes we’ve implemented” says Andy Phelps, IT director at the University of Virginia Biocomplexity Institute. “I don’t have to hire a bunch of people to manage a complex on-prem system and we can monitor all of our facilities, track arrivals, departures, change permissions and troubleshoot alerts all remotely and in real time.”
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!