Resideo Shares ProSeries Platform Updates, Brilliant Smart Home System Integration
Announced during ISC West, the latest firmware update for Resideo’s ProSeries Platform includes dealer branding, Google Assistant integration and more.
LAS VEGAS — Resideo Technologies (NYSE: REZI) announced new capabilities for its security and home automation solutions last week during ISC West, in addition to highlighting its latest technologies and offerings.
“Resideo is a pioneer in the home security and life-safety industry, and we continue to develop our next wave of connected home technology to help homeowners feel safe and secure,” said Matthew Robbins, vice president global product management, integrated home & building solutions. “Resideo is focused on expanding our award-winning, end-to-end platform and ecosystem to deliver a differentiated smart home for our security dealers and to help them protect what matters most.”
New Resideo ProSeries Smart Home Platform Enhancements
Named and designed for the professionals it serves, the ProSeries Platform offers Resideo’s largest range of supported home solutions in one modular, scalable system. The latest firmware update includes the following features:
- Dealer branding is now available on the ProSeries panels, touchscreens and Total Connect 2.0 app to help increases awareness with end users.
- Customized voice descriptions offer end-users increased personalization and the ability to uniquely identify areas of the home or business — a first in the industry, the company says.
- A Google Assistant integration offers voice control and is now available on ProSeries A7 Plus.
- Self-help videos for end users are easily accessed through a QR code and help provide immediate help for end users.
- Increased flexibility during installation is made possible as the ProSeries panel serves as a WiFi access point for connecting touchscreen keypads.
Resideo + Brilliant
Resideo announced the Brilliant Smart Home System is now compatible with its most popular security platforms, including Lynx and Vista security systems, in addition to its ProSeries Security platform, which was announced last year. The Lyric system integration is expected to be available later this year.
Brilliant is the first third-party touchscreen system that can arm and disarm Resideo’s security system. For example, Total Connect 2.0 platform-users can arm and disarm their Resideo security system from their in-wall Brilliant Smart Home Control or their Brilliant mobile app. The status of the Resideo security system and Total Connect cameras can also be displayed on the Brilliant Smart Home Controller.
With the integration, Brilliant now supports:
- Resideo life safety statuses, including fire, carbon monoxide and medical alarms.
- Resideo Z-Wave device integrations, such as lights, locks, plugs and switches.
- Home automation scenes that combine Resideo security system integrations with a range of smart home products controlled by Brilliant including garage openers, window shades, sound systems and more.
Brilliant already integrates with Resideo’s Honeywell Home smart thermostats and its WiFi Water Leak & Freeze Detector, and additional system integrations are planned later this year.
Wholesale bundles of Resideo and Brilliant smart home products will be made available to dealers via ADI Global Distribution. Resideo was one of several companies to invest in Brilliant during a Series B financing round last August.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!