Security Industry Association Issues Details on 2023 SIA GovSummit
SIA’s government security technology conference takes place May 16-17 in Washington, D.C.
SILVER SPRING, Md. – The Security Industry Association (SIA) has announced details for its upcoming 2023 SIA GovSummit, the organization’s annual public policy and government security technology conference. GovSummit 2023 will take place May 16-17 at the National Housing Center in Washington, D.C.
The 2023 GovSummit program includes sessions on essential topics in contracting, procurement, infrastructure and facility protection; highlights how security product standards help meet government needs; and explores the latest policies, practices and trends impacting security.
Specific discussion topics will include:
- Enhancing Physical Security for Government Facilities: Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and More
- Federal Identity, Credential and Access Management, Personal Identity Verification (PIV) and Federal Digital Identity Standards Adoption: Implications for Federal Physical Access Control Systems
- Navigating the Use of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) and Counter-UAS to Protect Government Assets and High-Profile Events
- Hostile Vehicle Mitigation and U.S. Department of Homeland Security Self-Assessment Tools
- Creating a Compelling Business Case for Infrastructure Security, School Security and Cybersecurity Funding
“For this year’s GovSummit, SIA is excited to present an informative, engaging lineup of expert-led sessions on the issues that matter most in government, security and technology,” says Jake Parker, senior director of government relations at SIA. “This premier conference gathers government and industry professionals together in one room to network, exchange information and explore critical topics in converged security, government procurement needs and how emerging technologies are being used to secure government facilities, public spaces, critical infrastructure and more.”
In addition to the two-day conference program, GovSummit will feature evening receptions on both days of the event. On May 16, SIA will host an evening leadership awards ceremony, including the presentation of the SIA Women in Biometrics Awards, and on May 17, attendees will be invited to join the SIA National Capital Region Security Forum for an evening networking reception for security industry professionals.
Speakers for the 2023 SIA GovSummit include:
- Neal Duckworth, physical security advisor, Internal Revenue Service, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Scott Dunford, senior security specialist, Interagency Security Committee, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- John Eskandary, physical security specialist, Federal Emergency Management Agency, DHS
- Hildegard Ferraiolo, computer scientist, PIV program team, National Institute of Standards and Technology (invited)
- Shawn Fiebiger, deputy compliance program manager, Interagency Security Committee, CISA, DHS
- Austin Gould, assistant administrator, operations support, Transportation Security Administration, DHS (invited)
- Mike Harman, assistant director for security, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Daryle Hernandez, chief, Interagency Security Committee, CISA, DHS
- David Hess, assistant director, policy, communications and engagement, Federal Protective Service, DHS
- Don Hough, deputy associate director for school safety, School Safety Task Force, CISA, DHS
- Nnamdi Martyn, E-PACS program manager, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, DHS
SIA GovSummit is free for all government employees, including U.S. and international federal, state, county and municipal-level staff, plus all military, law enforcement and public safety personnel. SIA GovSummit is considered a “widely attended gathering” and complies with all relevant event guidelines. More information and registration can be found here.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Commercial Integrator + Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add to your bottom line.
A FREE subscription to the top resource for security and integration industry will prove to be invaluable.