SecurityCEU.com Partners With Nadim Saway for Online Project Management Training Course
The course was conceived to teach security and systems project managers “how to play the construction game” and manage their projects as electrical and general contractors.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — SecurityCEU.com announces the launch of the Frontline Project Management Course, a new online training in partnership with educator Nadim Sawaya, MSCE, CPP.
The Frontline Project Management training program is tailored to the low voltage electrical/construction industry. It was conceived to teach security and systems project managers how to play the construction game and manage their projects as electrical and general contractors, according to the website.
The program consists of two parts: The online program, which is about eight hours of interactive self-paced education, and two-hours instructor-led workshop to review lessons learned, implement best practices, and allow students to discuss specific real-life projects challenges.
“We are so proud to be offering this course in partnership with Nadim Sawaya, who is known throughout the industry as the expert on project management,” says Connie Moorhead, CEO at The CMOOR Group who owns and operates SecurityCEU.com. “This much sought-after live training is now available online! Now security and system integrators can get the best industry project management training in a safe, convenient and cost-effective format.”
Nadim Sawaya, president of Enterprise Performance Consulting (EPC), has been consulting and training on project management in the security and systems industries for over 22 years. Nadim has over 35 years of executive and operations management experience and managed projects from $5k to $50M in general construction, fire alarm, communication, building automation to security systems.
In addition, Nadim has held leadership roles with companies such as Pauling/Rapco, Stanley Security, Siemens Building Technologies, Honeywell, Pinkerton and Convergint Technologies.
“SecurityCEU.com has proven to be a valuable partner in taking my course on project management and bringing it to life online, providing a more convenient way to reach larger audience, limit the project managers time away from their daily tasks and help security and systems integrators deliver successful projects every time,” comments Sawaya. “Partnering with SecurityCEU.com holds the potential to bring this important and well-needed performance improvement program to many more integrators.”
Course modules include:
- The Frontline Project Management Module 1: Managing the Project Team, covers topics such as: The overall project lifecycle; roles and responsibilities of the project team; key duties, responsibilities and competencies of the project manager; and defining the project team tasks using the RACI Matrix.
- The Frontline Project Management Module 2: Defining Phase, discusses: Steps required in the Defining Phase of a project; reviewing and interpreting contract documents; validating the project scope; block diagrams; reviewing and confirming the project’s estimated budget; and validating the projects scope, cost and schedule.
- The Frontline Project Management Module 3: Planning Phase, focuses on: Work Breakdown Structure (WBS); task duration estimating; milestones; manpower schedules; Critical Path Method (CPM) techniques to determine project duration, floats, and critical path; cost re-estimates; scheduling; and resource commitment.
- The Frontline Project Management Module 4: Implementation Phases, covers: Resource procurement; golden rules of using subcontractors; controlling and proper documentation of the project; coordinating with other trades; managing quality; and safety, OSHA overview requirements and employer responsibilities.
- The Frontline Project Management Module 5: Closing Phase, discusses: Closing steps; customer training; as-built documentation; final testing and acceptance; project audits; and closeout checklists.
The course is in the process of getting approved for CEUs at the national and state level for license compliance. Click here to sign up or learn more.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!