Survey: 28% of Americans Have at Least 1 Smart Home Device
The survey, conducted by Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC and CNET, also found that 79% of those with smart home devices say it makes their life easier.
A recent survey found that 28% of Americans own at least one smart home device and 47% of people ages 18-34 have connected home technology. The survey was conducted by Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC and CNET.
The survey also reported the following findings for those with smart home technology:
- Parents with child(ren) under 18 living at home are almost twice as likely to have smart home products as opposed to those without child(ren) under 18 living at home (42% to 23%, respectively)
- 72% say it provides them peace of mind when it comes to home security
- 91% would recommend smart home devices
- 79% say it makes their life easier
- 57% say it saves them time at an average of 30 minutes a day
- 76% control their smart home device on a mobile device, while 40% of those people control two on mobile
Check out more of the survey’s findings here.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!