Smart Home Technology Makes Short-Term Rentals More Appealing, Study Finds
The study, conducted by August Home, found the vast majority of vacationers and business travelers would prefer a rental with smart home technology.
The study, “Short-term Rentals: Smarter Housing with Smart Home Technology,” found:
- 80% of vacation guests and 92% of business travelers are more likely to complete their rental reservation if it is equipped with smart home technology
- 60% of guests would pay more for a vacation rental with a smart home feature
- 85% of hosts and 77% of guests believe smart locks will be a part of rentals in the future; 85% of hosts and 74% of guests say the same about doorbell cameras
- 75% of guests fear they will lose the property keys; 61% of hosts fear this as well
- 39% of hosts say the ability to remotely confirm that guests have locked the door when they check out would make the rental experience less stressful
- 35% of hosts want to see, speak and grant access to renters at the door from a remote location
“The short-term rental market continues to grow, fueled by tech innovation,” says Kathy Sanders, CMO of August Home. “The simple addition of a smart lock and a doorbell cam helps new hosts get into the hosting business. Now they can greet guests and manage their property from anywhere.
“And for hosts that have already adopted smart technology, they are able to deliver an even more enjoyable, hassle-free rental experience, whether their guests are on vacation or in town for business.”
Check out all of the results of the study here.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!