SSI’s Top Stories of the Decade
The most-read stories on securitysales.com over the past 10 years includes a mix of topics including residential security, legal battles, exclusive exec interviews and more.
With the 2010’s coming to a close, SSI wanted to take a look back at the most-read online stories of the past decade. Below you will find the most-read news stories and the most-read stories from the monthly magazine that appeared on securitysales.com. The latter includes features, columns, research and reviews.
The industry has seen some major shifts over the past 10 years. There has been consolidation, rebranding, legal controversies and not to mention, rapidly evolving technological advancements. You’ll see all of these examples in the stories below.
SSI‘s Top Security News of the Decade
Looking at the top news stories, online visitors were most interested in safety, residential security and industry-altering news.
- These Are the 2018 Safest and Most Dangerous States in the U.S.(2018)
- MONI to Rebrand as Brink’s Home Security (2018)
- The Best and Worst Police Response Times of 10 Major U.S. Cities (2018)
- Vivint to Pay ADT $10 Million Over Deceptive Sales Lawsuit (2018)
- Ring Reaches Settlement With ADT in Zonoff Lawsuit, Plus Other Developments (2018)
- Interlogix to Shut Down at End of 2019 (2019)
- U.S. Defense Bill Signed Into Law Bans Dahua, Hikvision Products (2018)
- FLIR Sells Lorex Business to Dahua for $29M; Exits DIY, SMB Markets (2018)
- Alder Responds to Inside Edition’s Sales Scam Report; Believes ADT Contributed to Segment (2016)
- ADT Announces Google Home Integration (2018)
SSI‘s Top Features of the Decade
As the security industry’s number one technology and business authority since 1979, pros know SSI is the place to come for exclusive exec interviews, research and tips, as exemplified below.
- SimpliSafe DIY Security System Investigation Yields Disturbing Results (2016)
- Review: Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Is a Hub Above (2018)
- 8 Great Hidden Security Sensors to Separate You From DIY Competitors (2018)
- The 30 Top Technology Innovations of 2018 (2018)
- Warning: Posting Surveillance Signage Does Not Constitute Consent (2016)
- Exclusive: Johnson Controls Finally Sheds Light on Tyco Merger, Reveals What’s Next (2017)
- 2018 Residential Market Report: Keys for Security Dealers to Conquer the Connected Home (2018)
- 5 NFPA Codes to Consider When Maintaining Fire Alarm Systems (2017)
- How Comcast’s Xfinity Home Is Disrupting Residential Security (2017)
- Exclusive: Nest Talks Strategy, Opportunities for Pro Security Channel (2017)
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!