Vector Security Awards Loss Prevention Training Scholarships
Vector Security has awarded 20 individuals who work in the retail industry the opportunity to attend the 2010 Loss Prevention Foundation (LPF) Scholarship Program. This is the second consecutive year the company has hosted the continuing education program, which provides coursework focusing on business management, leadership and loss prevention.
The nonprofit LPF, of which Vector is a founding member, offers two certification programs — LPQualified (LPQ) and LPCertified (LPC). Ten individuals were awarded scholarships in each category.
To meet increased demand for the program, this year Vector doubled the number scholarships it awarded, according to Vector Security Executive Vice President Michael Grady.
“We expanded the program in several ways. It was the first time we could offer LPCertified scholarships to the more seasoned LP professionals who are looking for higher degrees of learning,” he says. “Second, we also opened the program to people from outside the industry who were seeking LPQualified scholarships — such as college students, police officers and military personnel — who are seeking to develop careers in retail LP.”
Following is the list of winners for the 2010 Vector Security LPF scholarship program:
- Terry Vannarsdale (Coca-Cola Enterprises)
- Adam Parker (Lamps Plus Inc.)
- Elie Chemaly (Staples Inc.)
- Johnny Custer (CFI Merchant Analytic Solutions, LLC)
- Shawn Abernathy (Target Corp.)
- Melissa Truini (Dick’s Sporting Goods Inc.)
- Dana Rossey (Dick’s Sporting Goods Inc.)
- Tyler Davis (Gordmans)
- Donald E. Tarney (Staples Inc.)
- Jeffrey Levitt (Panera Bread/Paradise Bakery & Café)
- Derrick Welsh (Hastings Entertainment Inc.)
- William Andrew (Hollaway AJ Wright)
- Matthew McHugh (Macy’s Inc.)
- Arcelis Severino, Jr. (Toys R Us Inc.)
- James White (Sears Holding Corp.)
- Frank Moreno (Duane Reade Inc.)
- Laura Guerry (Wal-Mart Inc.)
- John Reid (Michaels Stores Inc.)
- Thaddeus Hugues (Fred Meyer Stores)
- Stephen Walls (Hastings Entertainment)
For more information about the LFP, visit www.losspreventionfoundation.org.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!