‘Weird Al’ Urges People Buy CO Detectors After Parents’ Passing

FALLBROOK, Calif.

FALLBROOK, Calif.
Musical parody performer “Weird Al” Yankovic says people need to seriously consider carbon monoxide (CO) detectors after his parents died of CO poisoning in their Fallbrook, Calif., home. Nick and Mary Yankovic, parents of the performer known for his humorous send-ups of Michael Jackson and other pop stars, were found dead April 9 in their home.

Deputies said they had started a fire in their fireplace with the fuse closed and apparently died of CO asphyxiation. In a statement reacting to his parents’ passing, Yankovic struck a chord of warning about the need for CO detectors in the home.

“One thing I would like to ask everybody to do, though … please, go out and get carbon monoxide detectors for yourself and your loved ones,” Yankovic says. “If my parents had had one in their home, there’s a very good chance that they would still be with us today.”

If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!

Security Is Our Business, Too

For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.

A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!

Subscribe Today!

Get Our Newsletters