A Firsthand Look at Quebec City’s Airport Security & Operations
Genetec’s unified security, video surveillance and access control helps expanding facility manage millions of travelers, thousands of workers and potential threats.
Photos and VideosView Slideshow
QUEBEC CITY, Canada â€• Security Sales & Integration was among a handful of international security trade editors invited to what has become an annual media event for Montreal-based video surveillance software supplier Genetec.
This year’s summit featured one-on-one interviews with Genetec Founder and CEO Pierre Racz, touring the company’s headquarters, being filled in on the latest product innovations, social interaction with key personnel and an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the video management system (VMS) leader’s Quebec City Jean-Lesage Int’l Airport deployment. The solution unifies security and access control operations via Genetec’s Security Center platform.
Following is a visual encapsulation of that airport tour; be sure to look elsewhere on this site for SSI’s coverage of other noteworthy images and information from the Genetec-hosted affair.
- Jean-Lesage Int’l Airport Undergoing Expansion
- HID Electronic Card Credentials and Biometric Fingerprint Readers
- Genetec CEO Pierre Racz
- Full-Time Security Personnel
- YQB Command Center
- Video Surveillance Data
- YQB’s “War Room”
- YQB Baggage System
- Baggage Emergency Chute
- YQB Tour Hosts
- Terminal Expansion Expected to Be Completed in 2018
- Axis IP Cameras and CATSA Cameras
- Secure Parking and ATC Tower
- Security and Safety Offices
- Access Control Biometric Fingerprint Reader
- Airport’s Access Control Department
- Parking Deck Emergency Station
- Terminal for Check-In, Departures and Arrivals
- Departure Terminal After Security Screening
- Airport Emergency Operations Manual
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!