Bogen Updates Communications Solution With Over 81 New Features, Enhancements
The software-based Nyquist C4000 integrates with third-party devices and systems such as access control, fire alarm, clock and PBX systems.
MAHWAH, N.J. — Bogen Communications announces the availability of release 2.0 of its Nyquist C4000 IP-based, software-centric communications solution, optimized for commercial paging and audio distribution.
The Nyquist C4000 ver. 2.0 software release represents a significant enrichment of Bogen’s Nyquist solution, with the addition of over 81 new features and enhancements to an already robust platform with broad applications for the commercial audio market, according to the company.
A significant new feature is the addition of a Routines functionality that can support communication crisis plans for situations such as lockdowns, weather events, or emergency evacuation. The release also provides support for new Nyquist appliances shipping in January 2020, which include a PoE amplifier that converts any low-impedance speaker to an IP speaker.
The Nyquist C4000 system is said to addresses the unique communication needs of a variety of users, including: industrial facilities, transportation hubs, retailers, offices, restaurants and bars — anywhere communication and audio distribution are required.
Bogen says the heart of the C4000 solution is a robust, state-of-the-art system controller with an easy to use web-based graphical user interface (GUI) that is accessible through any PC, tablet, or mobile device from any location in the connected world.
Available feature-rich IP phones and purpose-built networked appliances provide communication, control, and interoperability with third-party devices and systems such as access control, fire alarm, clock and PBX systems.
Available networked appliances include seven new audio power amplifiers, ranging from 1-channel x 20 Watts to 4-channel x 300 Watts, as well as a 4-channel matrix mixer/pre-amp. A new 10 Watt plenum-rated intercom module with optional HDMI video output allows users to turn any speaker into an IP speaker for even greater site design flexibility.
New 2.0 Release Key Features Include:
- Emergency location check-in with map-based audio/video room monitoring
- Clock\Messaging display capability
- User-definable routines that allow automatic launching of a procedure, or sequence of actions based on a wide variety of triggers
- Routines API for enhanced integration with third-party systems, such as security, access control, fire and emergency management
- Alerts functionality that displays both weather and non-weather-related emergency
- Alert System events from the National Weather Service on video displays connected to NQ-GA10PVs
- Password protection for multi-site paging, facility paging, zone paging, alarms, & tones
- Enhanced SIP trunk management, including expanded IP-PBX connection access
- Automated system software/firmware checking and download
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!