DMP Updates Virtual Keypad With Faster Z-Wave, Improved Website
DMP has added a number of new features to Virtual Keypad in terms of navigation, user interface and speed of use.
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — DMP announces a number of updates and improvements surrounding its Virtual Keypad platform.
First up, version 6.0 of the Virtual Keypad app offers a brand new user interface that integrates a clean and modern design, making it simpler and faster for your customers to navigate their alarm system, according to the company.
“Version 6.0 is a major enhancement to the Virtual Keypad in terms of navigation, user interface and speed of use,” said Vice President of Product Design, Jeff Britton. “The new look is sleek, and users can even upload a cover photo now to further customize their app.”
New features of the app include:
- New lighter user interface design
- Customizable arming screen with cover photo
- Faster app launch
- Zone status screen
- Pinch and zoom security cameras (iOS)
- Faster Z-Wave
- Z-Wave optimize (XT panels only)
- Faster armed status updates on Apple Watch
You can learn more about the new features in this update guide.
Next, DMP introduces VirtualKeypad.com version 2.1. Users will experience a refreshed interface along with the following new features:
- Instant Arming: Instant arming is now available for users who have All/Perimeter or Home/Sleep/Away system types and whose systems have been updated to Version 171 firmware or higher. Users are now able to use VirtualKeypad.com to instantly arm their system by hovering their mouse over an arming option, then clicking and holding until their system instantly arms.
- Send User Codes to Locks: User codes can now be sent to Z-Wave locks on XT Series systems with Version 171 firmware or higher. Simply navigate to Users in the navigation panel, then select a user. Click the toggle next to Send codes to locks to send that user code to all Z-Wave locks on the system.
- Item Search Improvement: Now, when users type within the search bar in History, each typed word will filter the event history, narrowing down the history list. This allows users to narrow their search by every typed word, making it easier to search for specific events in their event history.
Get more details on these features here or watch the video below.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!