Eaton Reveals New High Density Rack Power Distribution Unit
Eaton’s high density rack power distribution unit features 11 color options, the ability to choose between selectable cable lengths and 21 input plug options, and more.
RALEIGH, N.C. — Eaton announces the North American launch of its high density rack power distribution unit (PDU) platform, which offers advanced configurability and is well-suited for environments in which high power density is essential.
“From multi-tenant and colocation data centers to large enterprise facilities, the shift toward hyperconverged infrastructure and multi-Cloud environments has forced companies to rethink their power distribution requirements to keep up with the pace of change,” says Jeff Kennedy, manager, rack PDU product and operations, Eaton. “Our High Density rack PDU platform was designed with data center customers in mind, equipping them with a flexible and configurable solution that allows them to optimize operations and reduce risk as power demands grow.”
Eaton’s High Density rack PDU offers improved outlet counts and the addition of 11 color options for easy identification of A/B power feeds, according to the company.
With 11 different outlet module options, the High Density rack PDU allows configuration for up to 54 outlets per PDU and unlocks over 20,000 configurable options for users. Eaton says alternative phase outlets simplify load balancing and improve airflow by putting outlets where they are needed, reducing the potential for tripped breakers.
Additional benefits and features of Eaton’s High Density rack PDU include:
- Improved cord entry position, reducing interference in racks and potential hazards by configuring the input cord for front or end entry
- The ability to choose between selectable cable lengths and 21 input plug options, including IEC, NEMA, locking and hardwired
- Bus bar design to implement more outlets in less space and improve reliability
- Low profile circuit breakers, enabling full rack unit access and bolstering airflow management
- Patented grip outlet to secure standard power cords, plus integrated support for P-Lock locking plugs
- Improved circuit protection for high fault current applications with options for circuit breakers and fuse protection
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!