Federal Signal Introduces APCO Project 25 Support for Outdoor/Indoor Warning System
Computers with Federal Signal’s Commander Software can connect to a P25 trunked land mobile radio interface using an Ethernet connection.
UNIVERSITY PARK, Ill. — Federal Signal Corporation, Industrial Systems Division, announces the release of a warning system that it says is fully compliant with APCO Project 25 (P25) two-way communications systems.
Control point computers hosting Federal Signal Commander Software can now connect to a P25 trunked land mobile radio interface via an Ethernet connection. Control points utilize a broadcast functionality to communicate with all remote controllers for All Call and Group activations. IP unicast to individual remote sites is used for individual activation and polling requests to minimize radio traffic in a multi-site system.
For customers that need P25 direct mode communication with remote siren site controllers, Federal Commander Software is USB plug-and-play compatible with P25 capable radios, enabling direct digital radio-to-radio communications without the need for trunking infrastructure.
According to Federal Signal, enhancements to the product include:
- Federal Signal’s Commander Software is fully compliant with P25 two-way communications systems
- Validation of Federal Signal Commander Warning System operation utilizing a Motorola ASTRO trunking network
- Control Point computers hosting the Federal Signal Commander Software can now connect to a P25 trunked land mobile radio interface via an Ethernet connection
- Control Point computers hosting the Federal Signal Commander Software can connect directly to siren sites using Conventional mode
- Motorola APX radios support mixed mode operation to enable legacy MSK operation until all equipment is installed before switching to P25 digital
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!