Netgear Introduces New 52-port Smart Cloud Switches
Managed by the Insight app or Insight Cloud portal, these new switches are said to provide easy setup with anywhere remote/Cloud monitoring, management and advanced security.
SAN JOSE, Calif. — Netgear (NASDAQ: NTGR) announces the release of two new Insight-managed 52-port smart Cloud switches.
Managed by the Insight app or Insight Cloud portal, these new switches are said to provide easy setup with anywhere remote/cloud monitoring, management and advanced security.
The Insight-managed smart Cloud GC752X and GC752XP are the first 52-port Gigabit Ethernet Switches with two SFP and two SFP+ 10G ports with Insight management, according to the company. Additionally, the GC752XP adds 48-ports of PoE+ with a 505W PoE power budget.
“These versatile new smart Cloud switches will empower today’s small and medium business to better leverage the Cloud, Internet of Things (IoT) and other IP devices to facilitate growth,” says Richard Jonker, vice president of product line management for SMB products at Netgear. “Larger businesses and schools can use onsite, Cloud or mobile to manage all Insight switches, access points and ReadyNAS devices. The GC752X and GC752XP offer lots of PoE power, uplinks and ports for expansion while delivering whisper-quiet operation for easy placement of devices. Our Insight-managed smart Cloud switches don’t require complex software, additional hardware, or a large IT staff to power your business-critical infrastructure.”
All Insight-manged Cloud switches support:
- VLANs (including Auto-VoIP & Auto-Video) and LLDP support
- Port trunking / Link aggregation and IGMP snooping
- QoS and priority queuing, port-based rate limiting, STP/RSTP and loop prevention
- ACLs, storm control and port mirroring
- Advanced per-port PoE controls, scheduling, and timers (PoE models)
- IPv6 management and support for future-proofing your network
- IPv4 and IPv6 static routing for optimizing your network outgoing traffic
The Insight management solution has also been updated to version 5.0. New features include:
- Firmware Scheduler: Currently on Insight 4.0 you already receive pop-up notifications, with the new Firmware Scheduler in Insight 5.0, you can create an automated update schedule.
- Improved Security with 2-Factor Authentication:Insight 5.0 provides more security with the addition of 2 factor authentication: login is the first way of authentication, and you can add SMS text message or push notifications to your phone after adding your device to the list of trusted devices.
- Improved In-App Support to provide easy access to Netgear knowledge base and support videos directly through the Insight app. It also provides access to Netgear chat/phone info, and also allows to open a support case right through the app.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!