Netgear Releases Unmanaged Network Switch With Built-In Power Selector
Netgear’s new line of unmanaged network switches feature three mounting options and support optional interchangeable external power supplies.
SAN JOSE, Calif. — Netgear (NASDAQ: NTGR) announces the launch of its new 16- and 8-port gigabit Ethernet unmanaged switches with what is said to be the industry’s first flexible Power over Ethernet (PoE) integrated technology.
The switches are well-suited for networks with VoIP phones, IP security cameras, video-over-IP endpoints, sensors, LED lighting, secure access door locks and other IoT devices that require network switches capable of supporting PoE.
Along with the built-in power selector, the switches support optional interchangeable external power supplies that allow the user to easily increase PoE budget at any time to provide devices with the power they need, according to the company.
This is said to allow the user to start with a lower PoE budget and then cost-effectively increase their PoE budget at any time. NETGEAR says it has designed the switches to adapt as ones needs change.
“These flexible, cost-effective switching solutions support growing businesses without requiring a big upfront investment. Other solutions in the market require additional add-on equipment purchases if you want to upgrade your PoE budget, and more often also require the purchase of an entirely new switch.” says Richard Jonker, vice president of product line management for SMB products at Netgear. “The Netgear laser-focus on innovation and continuous improvement is the reason we remain the longtime market share leader in small business switching products.”
Netgear Unmanaged Switches with PoE/PoE+ Features:
- 8 or 16 PoE/PoE+ Gigabit Ethernet Ports provide up to 30W per port to any power-hungry device.
- 60W (GS108LP) or 123W (GS108LP) across 8 ports
- 76W (GS116LP) or 183W (GS116PP) across 16 ports
- Flexible PoE Budget for GS108LP/PP (60W, 83W, 123W) making it easy to increase or decrease with interchangeable external power supply units.
- Flexible PoE Budget for GS116LP/PP (76W, 115W, 183W) is easy to increase or decrease thanks to an interchangeable external power supply unit.
- Flexible mounting options (rack, wall or desktop) adapt to your needs and configuration in any environment.
- 8 Gbps (8-port models) or 16 Gbps (16-port models) non-blocking switching architecture offers maximum throughput at wire speed without congestion.
- Small, sturdy form factor with silent, fan-less operation is well-suited for noise-sensitive environments like an open office floorplan or home office or entertainment center.
- Plug-and-play, automatic connectivity to your router or modem eliminates the need for an IT expert or complicated user manual.
- LED activity indicator on each port so you can easily check network activity status and get maximum power savings through energy efficient Ethernet.
- Auto-negotiation between the switch and your end devices means they automatically connect at the highest common speed.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!