Platinum Tools Releases Waterproof RJ45 Coupler System
The waterproof coupler system is rated to meet harsh environmental conditions commonly found in outdoor and indoor installs, such as wireless towers, security systems and more.
NEWBURY PARK, Calif., — Platinum Tools announce the debut of its new waterproof RJ45 coupler system (p/ns 740C & 741C).
“There are those installs where your Ethernet connections will need ruggedized protection due to exposure to water, dust, corrosion, harsh elements, and vibration,” explained John Phillips, product manager, Platinum Tools. “An easy and simple solution is Platinum Tools’ Waterproof RJ45 Coupler System, rated to IP67 to meet those harsh environmental conditions commonly found in outdoor and indoor installs, such as wireless towers, security systems, outdoor entertainment venues, industrial manufacturing, LED lighting, emergency communications, marinas and more.”
Waterproof RJ45 Coupler System Features & Specifications:
- IP67 Waterproof and Dustproof
- Easy and quick to install
- Shock and vibration resistant
- Works with RJ45 (8P8C) connectors
- For UTP and STP applications
- Category Range: Cat5e and Cat6
- Screw mating system assures secure connection
- Temperature range: -20 degrees C to +80 degrees C
- Housing material: Black nylon
- RoHS compliant
- Contact material: Gold plated 50μ over copper alloy
- Thread size: 13/16-inch – 28UN
- Max panel thickness: 4.0mm / 0.157 inch
- Cycle life: 1,000 insertions
- Current rating: 1 amp
- Voltage rating: 48v
- Recommended Panel Cut (for truncated circle): 19.4 mm – 20.8 mm (0.760in. – 0.815in.)
- Cable diameter range: 5.5-7.0mm / 0.216in. – 0.276in.
Platinum Tools will feature the new Waterproof RJ45 coupler system during ISE 2019, held in Amsterdam from Feb. 5-8 at RAI Amsterdam, booth #14-K165. Learn more about the coupler system here.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!