Qolsys Announces Smart Home Platform IQ Panel 2
The company says the IQ Panel 2 integrates smart home services, powered by Alarm.com.
LAS VEGAS — Qolsys announced on Thursday the IQ Panel 2, said to be the first all-in-one security and smart home platform that combines its hardware and interactive software services. Some applications of the software include glass break detection, Bluetooth disarm, the ability to send disarm photos to the smartphone and cloud, and more.
With the Qualcomm Snapdragon quad-core 400 processor — an integrated system-on-a-chip (SoC) that supports LTE cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and High Definition (HD) display — the IQ Panel 2 includes four field replaceable radio slots for current and future connectivity, and an integrated 5-megapixel HD camera. Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated.
The IQ Panel 2 integrates smart home services, powered by Alarm.com. According to Qolsys, this ensures reliable and easy to use awareness and control for consumers across a broad range of integrated connected devices through a single, intuitive mobile app. Security dealers can adopt the new IQ Panel 2 knowing that it’s fully supported by Alarm.com’s Mobile Tech installation app and AirFX remote support tool.
The IQ Panel 2 is said to deliver a broad set of enhancements, including data encryption on every radio interface, IoT support, integration of Alarm.com services and flexibility to accommodate customization and future innovation. Specific features of the platform include:
- Modern wall mount or tabletop panel with small form factor (7.67 inches wide, 5.11 inches tall and 0.91 inches thick), edge-to-edge glass and a 7-inch, high-resolution (1280 x 800p) capacitive touchscreen.
- User interface with multi-gesture capability.
- Integrated 5-megapixel HD panel camera provides built-in motion/presence detection to trigger home automation rules and captures disarm photos and alarm videos that are automatically delivered to the Qolsys cloud.Z
- Innovative glass break sensor application uses the built-in dual high-fidelity microphones to protect against intrusion and save cost.
- Ability to be paired with optional remote access panels for persistent control and access throughout the home.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!