Schlage Announces Alexa Integration for Touchscreen Deadbolt
The integration allows Alexa-enabled devices to lock and check the status of a user’s front door.
CARMEL, Ind. – Schlage will provide voice activation accessibility to its Connect Touchscreen Deadbolt via Amazon Alexa.
The integration will allow consumers to utilize Alexa-enabled devices, such as Amazon Echo, to lock or check the status of their door via a Wink or Samsung SmartThings hub from the convenience of a living room, bedroom or kitchen, according to the company.
“Smart home technology is all about incrementalism, whether it’s consumer adoption or brands integrating with mega-technology platforms,” says Rob Martens, futurist and vice president of strategy and partnerships at Allegion. “Schlage is committed to providing the ultimate security and convenience, and we are proud to now integrate with Alexa to provide consumers with added convenience through Alexa-enabled devices.”
READ: Capture the DIY Electric Lock Market
The Schlage Connect Touchscreen Deadbolt is already compatible with Z-Wave, which allows homeowners to manage their home from anywhere using an internet-connected smartphone, tablet or computer.
Lock Features Inlcude:
- One-touch locking functionality
- Fingerprint-resistant touchscreen that ensures access code numbers won’t wear and become detectable after repeated use
- A slim exterior that prevents interference with storm doors
- An anti-pick shield that protects the lock against tampering
- Ability to hold up to 30 unique codes that can be tailored to specific days and times for the week, allowing users to track movement in and out of the home
- Offers customizable security with three unique alarm modes engineered to sense vibrations at the door and immediately alerts consumers with an audible alarm
READ NEXT: ADT Announces Integration With Amazon Alexa
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!