Security Sales & Integration’s Top 30 Technology Innovations of 2015
SSI has once again cooked up a tasty batch of tech morsels to sate your security sweet tooth. Read about the delectable ingredients baked into this year’s Top 30 Technology Innovations.
Photos and VideosView Slideshow
The holiday season is a nearly universal cause for celebration, but for tens of security suppliers there is at least one more reason to rejoice. For those companies have landed on a list even more highly coveted than Santa’s – 2015’s Top 30 Technology Innovations. For more than a decade, Security Sales & Integration’s tech editors have handpicked the industry’s most unique compilation of products and solutions. These annual selections represent some of the most vital offerings that support installing and monitoring systems providers’ pursuit of success.
Once again SSI Business Fitness columnist Paul Boucherle and Tech Talk writer Bob Dolph have selected 15 items apiece. Together they strike a formidable blend of coverage. The former tends to zero in more on access control, video surveillance and integration solutions, while the latter leans toward intrusion detection and fire/life-safety systems, and is especially keen on installation tools and testing gear. Of course, there are exceptions as each one of them is completely free to pick whatever they deem worthy so long as it is of value to installing and monitoring security contractors. The lone caveat is vendors are restricted to a single spot among the 30.
RELATED: Top 9 Surveillance Videos of the Week: Man Barely, Luckily Avoids SUV Crashing Into Business
This year’s typically diverse honorees include megapixel cameras, panoramic cameras, camera housings, switches, intercoms, access control readers, security as a service (SaaS) solutions, video and audio analytics, alarm communications, equipment monitoring programs, beam sensors, motion-activated cameras, biometrics, project design and management software, networked access control, installation apps, home controls, solar power, energy-efficient devices, video management systems (VMS) and cabling.
It’s a daunting task to whittle a year’s worth of introductions down to a mere 30, and so naturally there are many other exceptional products and solutions that missed the cut by varying degrees. That’s all the more reason to bestow hearty congratulations upon 2015’s choices and the innovative companies behind them. Bravo!
- Arecont Tethered Megapixel Camera
- Aiphone Intercom Mobile App
- Farpointe Energy-Efficient Access
- Isonas Access IP Converter
- Sensoray Miniature Megapixel Camera
- Comnet Ethernet Over CopperLine
- Videofied Motion Camera/Sensor
- TAKEX Photoelectric Beam Sensors
- Pelco Panoramic Megapixel Cameras
- Secure Global Solutions Equipment Monitoring
- NAPCO Universal Alarm Radios
- March Networks Analytics Camera
- Dotworkz Ballistic Camera Housing
- ZKAccess Biometric Door Lock
- Identiv ID as a Service (IDaaS)
- D-Tools Project Organizer
- Cypress OSDP-Enabled Access Module
- Control4 Configuration Tool
- ipDatatel Dual-Path Communicator
- MicroPower Solar Video Platform
- Milestone Centralized VMS Control
- Interlogix Wireless Home Panel
- System Surveyor Maintenance Aid
- IC Realtime 360â° 24MP Camera
- 3M Multi-ID Access Reader
- razberi Surveillance Health Monitoring
- Louroe Audio Analytics
- Everfocus Camera Utility Tool
- Platinum Tools Cable Connectors
- Sargent Energy-Efficient Lock
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!