Stay Secure in the Cloud with AccessXpert
EcoStruxure Access Expert Enterprise Security Solution
AccessXpert is the first cloud-based access control platform that can operate as an on-premise solution within the end user’s private network, or in a hosted environment, using the same UI for either application. In a hosted environment, AccessXpert runs without servers or appliances on site, lowering the total cost of ownership for the end user and eliminating costly refreshes of servers and hardware. AccessXpert’s flexibility allows ustomers to choose how the system is deployed and supports traditional on-site applications installed within the customer’s network. AccessXpert server requirements are minimal.
Built on Microsoft’s .Net architecture, AccessXpert utilizes a distributed architecture for security and performance. Its RESTful API was built for a cloud-based applications while still allowing for 3rd party integrations. The AccessXpert platform can operate in a Thick, Thin, Web and even mobile environment delivering connectivity for your teams even when on the move.
Create multiple badge templates through the ID Management module. The added benefit of the mobile Photo ID application means customers can quickly update cardholder information while on the move. In addition, instantly run reports that can be saved or emailed. AccessXpert scalability is only limited by the capacity at the intelligent controllers, which supports 600,000 card holders and 50,000 transactions per controller. The system supports a virtual machine topology enabling the consolidation of multiple servers.
Security in the Cloud
Data integrity within a cloud environment is critical. To provide the highest level of security, AccessXpert takes multiple measures to protect the customer’s information:
- TLS encryption
- Use of outbound ports vs. inbound ports
- 2-factor authentication capable
- 2048 bit SSL certificate
- Inherent redundancy provides client disaster recovery without additional servers on-site or remotely
Unique Features in Access Expert
- Mass Messaging — Stay connected to your cardholders, vistors and contractors and communicate directly in times of need and seconds count with a built-in Mass Messaging system.
- Emergency Lockdowns — One-click emergency lockdowns by door groups or individual door.
- Global SMS & E-mail Notifications — AccessXpert can be used to push SMS and e-mail notifications to all enrolled people.
- Smart Search — Instant search bars for quick navigation within a specific window or globally.
- Real-Time Alarm Events — Whether Cloud or Premise there is no lag or refreshing needed.
- Mobile Apps — Robust IOS and Android mobile apps designed to alert, command and control while on the go.
- Web Interface — HTML5 browser interface allows customers to stay connected even when on the move.
- Customized Reporting — Build out the reports that you need and easily save them for future use when you need them.
- Two-Factor Authentication — Additional layer of login protection to reduce security risks of poor password usage.
- Visitor Management — Stay up to date on visitors, contractors, hosts and meetings throughout your enterprise.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!
Leave a Reply