TestPro Multifunction Cable Tester Dubbed ‘Fastest in Market’ by Intertek
AEM’s new TestPro multi-function cable tester has the ability to verify loaded PoE, qualify multi-gig link speeds and more.
CHANDLER, Ariz. —AEM, a producer of test and measurement solutions, announces its new TestPro multifunction cable tester has received the highest ETL accuracy certifications for testing Category 8 cabling systems from Intertek.
With a six second CAT 6A certification test, AEM claims TestPro is the fastest field tester on the market today.
“TestPro has been confirmed by Intertek to meet the TIA 1152A (level 2G) and ISO 61935-1 (draft level VI) standards for cable certification testers,” says Antoine Pelletier, project engineer, wire & cable performance at Intertek.
TestPro is also said to qualify Multi-Gig link speeds up to 10GigE and verify loaded Power over Ethernet (PoE++) up to 90W.
Test and measurement solutions developed by AEM include the TestPro and the mixed mode multi-port vector network analyzer (MMVNA). AEM says these solutions were designed and developed by a team with more than four decades of test and measurement experience for both field use, and manufacturing and lab environments.
“Digital transformation is having a huge impact on today’s networks and the demand for more bandwidth is driving increased use of Multi-Gig Ethernet over copper cabling. In addition, sophisticated PoE devices like multisensor cameras, Wave 2 wireless APs, building security systems and more are turning the network switch into a power distribution center,” says Harshang Pandya, general manager of test and measurement at AEM Int’l. “With the TestPro, contractors and network owners can quickly and accurately certify the cable, qualify link speed and validate PoE++, which are all critical components to test in today’s digital infrastructure.”
- Said to be industry’s fastest CAT 6A certification test at 6 seconds including TCL and return loss location troubleshooting
- Certify CAT 5e – CAT8
- Live wiremap and cabling diagnostics including distance to fault
- Able to measure impact of PoE on network link performance with simulations of traffic generation and sustained power load testing
- DC resistance unbalance
- Verify loaded PoE++ for 802.3 af/at/bt (90W)
- Reporting of PSE configuration and powered pairs
- Reporting of voltage/current/real power
- Autotest qualifies which link speeds are supported with pass/fail indication of 1/2.5/5/10GigE data rates, even under sustained PoE++ load
- Per pair Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) and Bit Error Rate (BER) reporting against default or user-defined limits
- Integrated traffic generation and loopback to stress test cable links
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!