Viking Releases Analog-to-IP Speaker Adapter With Talk-Back
The PSA-TB-IP analog-to-IP speaker adapter enables the re-use of analog speakers while adding talk-back capabilities.
HUDSON, Wisc. — Viking Electronics announces the release of the PSA-TB-IP analog-to-IP speaker adapter, enabling the re-use of analog speakers while adding talk-back capabilities.
The PSA-TB-IP is equipped with a microphone to enable talk-back paging and silent monitoring of the area. It also monitors ambient noise levels to automatically adjust speaker volume. The built-in 6-Watt class D amplifier can be used to drive a connected paging speaker.
“We think the new Viking model PSA-TB-IP is an easy cost-effective way to convert analog paging speakers into two-way IP talk-back speakers,” says Greg Yocom, engineering manager, Viking Electronics.
The PSA-TB-IP can be mounted magnetically to the back of an analog speaker magnet or attached with included screws to the speaker frame using the 25/70V transformer mounting holes.
The output of PSA-TB-IP is connected to the input of the paging speaker. The device is then connected to an open port on a PoE switch and uses Viking’s IP programming software to enter SIP and network credentials.
After the conversion, the speaker can then be used for two-way SIP endpoint paging or one-way multicast paging.
- PoE powered (class 3, <13 Watts)
- Paging prioritization
- Plays audio from standard multicast sources
- SIP endpoint or multicast group member
- Red call status LED indicator
- Automatic Noise Canceling (ANC) feature for operation in noisy environments
- Viking’s proprietary VOX switching eliminates the need for “Push to Talk” mode
- Selectable auto-answer feature for monitoring
- Compatible with Polycom multicast paging
- Built-in high efficiency 6 Watt class D amplifier
- Can drive up to six 8 ohm analog speakers for greater coverage
- SIP/Multicast: SIP page, SIP page and zoned multicast receive
- Support for access code to prevent unwanted SIP calls
- Hangs up on: busy signal, time-out, or touch tone command
- Network remote speaker volume control
- Mounting: Magnetically attach to speaker magnet or fasten to the 25/70V transformer
mounting holes on speaker frame
- Chassis protects circuitry against plenum dust
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) to automatically increase ring volume to compensate for
- Diagnostics for testing microphone and speaker
- Programmable pre-page alert tone
Check out the video below to learn more.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!