Integrator of the Month: Acadian Total Security
Each month SSI highlights one of the security industry’s most progressive integrators that have participated in the SSI Summit. This month is Acadian Total Security.
This department spotlights some of the security industry’s most progressive integrators that have participated in the SSI Summit. This exclusive, invitation-only event is held annually in conjunction with the Total Tech Summit, which includes hundreds more integrators from the residential and commercial A/V fields.
This month, SSI hears from Acadian Total Security Director of Sales & Marketing Jason Brown.
TECHNOLOGIES, SERVICES & MARKETS
Security and home automation systems, plus PERS, GPS fleet and asset tracking and management, video security, access control, monitoring and more. Also operates three UL-Listed central stations.
I joined Acadian Total Security as sales manager in May 2016 and was promoted to director in 2019. I have a degree in business administration and management from the University of Texas, and my previous employers include Champion Energy and Electric Reliability Council of Texas.
At Acadian, from our ambulance division to our safety division, our entire company is in the business of saving and protecting lives. Averaging one to two arrests per month, I enjoy hearing success stories of how our video monitoring center caught the bad guy!
TOP 3 CHALLENGES
- Finding skilled and talented employees who portray the “Acadian Way,” which entails superb customer service, going above and beyond to put the company’s best foot forward. We continue to hire within the company when possible so our employees are already acclimated to the way ATS does business.
- Keeping up with technology. It is a challenge to not only become knowledgeable on the various array of offerings but to also test each one for accuracy and educate our office staff and technicians on the operation and benefits of each item.
- Working during the pandemic. We had to quickly transition over 150 employees from working in the office daily to working remotely from their homes. Thanks to our corporate IT team, in two to three weeks all resources were acquired, enabling most nonessential employees to work from home.
TOP 3 DIFFERENTIATORS
- We staff our own monitoring services instead of going through a third party monitoring center. This enables us to offer excellent customer service and assure we have the best equipment available to secure our clients.
- We are backed by our parent company, Acadian Ambulance Service, which is known for 50 years of providing quality care in the lifesaving industry. This allows us to draw upon the resources of a company with over 5,000 employees.
- Cutting-edge technology. Because we are a life-safety company, it is imperative we acquire and deploy the best technology available in the industry. Acadian has always been at the forefront of utilizing effective and new equipment in order to best communicate and perform our lifesaving mission.
Video monitoring has us most enthusiastic about the future. We are excited to partner with Ava to bring our customers an industry-leading Cloud-based security solution. With Ava Aware Cloud, organizations of all sizes receive the benefits of an on-premise security solution with the efficiency, simplicity and scalability of the Cloud.
For more info on the SSI and Total Tech Summit, which now feature VIP peer-to-peer networking groups, visit totaltechsummit.com.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!