CEDIA: Home Technology Industry Now Exceeds $20B
CEDIA’s Integrated Home Market Analysis also reveals areas of expenditure, project size and frequency, specified brands, and latest trends.
FISHERS, Ind. — CEDIA, the global trade association for the home technology industry, has released the results of its Integrated Home Market Analysis survey conducted in partnership with leading market research firm Ancrage Consulting, which depicts a stable home technology industry valued at $20.1 billion.
Respondents of the survey submitted their responses online from August to October 2021 and were asked to report on revenue figures from the last 12 months.
The questions were designed to forecast overall integrated home industry size, areas of expenditure, project size and frequency, specified brands, and latest trends.
Key findings of the report include:
- Based on average annual revenue and project frequency, the integrated home market in the U.S. has an estimated value of $20.1B
- Approximately 11,000 integrator companies operate in the U.S. with an average annual revenue of $2.2M and an average project size of $26K
- Residential projects constitute 83% of revenue, on average
- The average integration company employs 11 people and completes 70 projects per year
- Most integration companies anticipate adding a technical staff member in the next 12 months
- Categories experiencing the most growth include lighting/shading, lighting control, and networking
- Homeowners are shifting toward streaming and “simpler” solutions
- The DIY trend continues to add pressure to this market, though not enough to thwart the bullish growth projected for the next 12 months
“As consumers focused on improving and connecting their lives at home, growth in the smart home sector was significant,” says CEDIA global president and CEO Daryl Friedman. “The past two years have allowed us all to see the potential of our homes as the hub for entertainment, education, work and wellness. Our latest study confirms these top-line findings, as well as many important data points available to CEDIA members.”
The 2021 CEDIA Home Market Analysis is free to download for CEDIA members in the Research Library. Non-members may purchase a copy of the report.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!