Capture Omniscape Wins Best in Show at ISC West
LAS VEGAS — The 360-degree panoramic CCTV camera by Capture Omniscape beat out 94 other new products to win the “Best in Show” award in the 2006 New Products Showcase (NPS) awards at International Security Conference (ISC) West. More than 18 product awards were announced, with Bosch Security and 3VR Security each leading the finalists with two wins each.
The NPS judging took place on April 5 at ISC West with 18 judges looking at manufacturers’ presentations and the awards were presented the following morning before the opening of the final exhibits session at the Sands Convention Center.
The Capture Omniscape camera is a 3-megapixel, ultra-wide-angle CCTV camera with pan-tilt-zoom and plug-and-play capability.
A4 Vision won the “Best in Show” award in 2005 for its 3D facial enrollment camera.
The following is the complete list of the 2006 NPS winners:
- “Best in Show” Innovation Award: Capture Omniscape for its 360-degree camera
- Achievement Award for Honorable Mention: Tyco/American Dynamics for its American Dynamics Intellex Ultra
- Product Achievement Award for Access Control: Sargent for its Profile Series v.N1
- Product Achievement Award for Biometrics: A4 Vision for its Vision Access 3D face reader
- Product Achievement Award for CCTV Video: Panasonic Security for its WJ-ND300
- Product Achievement Award for CCTV Video Controller/System: Network Video Technologies (NVT) for its power supply cable integrator — NV-16PS10-PVD
- Product Achievement Award for Digital Video Device: Axis Communications for its AXIS 214 PTZ network camera
- Product Achievement Award for Digital Video Controller/System: 3VR Security for its OpCenter 4.0
- Product Achievement Award for False Alarm Reduction: Bosch Security for its Easy Series
- Product Achievement Award for Fire Detection/Prevention: Bosch Security for its FCP-500
- Product Achievement Award for Integrated Systems: MDI Security for its Advanced Security Link with ONE Technology
- Product Achievement Award for Intrusion Detection/Prevention: UltraVision Security Systems for its CMD1
- Product Achievement Award for Monitoring: DSC for its SG-System II
- Product Achievement Award for Peripherals: Cernium for its CheckVideo
- Product Achievement Award for Residential Systems: Cyrex for its MC750
- Product Achievement Award for Software: SAM Systems for its SAM intelligent IP video system
- Product Achievement Award for Wireless: NAPCO Security for its Freedom F8 code-free alarm system
- Judge’s Choice Award: 3VR Security for its OpCenter 4.0
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!