Eagle Eye Networks Releases ‘Smart Video Search,’ Celebrates 10th Anniversary
Similar to a web search, Eagle Eye’s Smart Video Search allows customers to type in descriptions such as “man with blue shirt.” Results can then be narrowed down by date, time, location or camera.
AUSTIN, Texas — Eagle Eye Networks, a global provider of Cloud video surveillance and artificial intelligence (AI), introduces Eagle Eye Smart Video Search, a new feature for all customers the company says will make searching for video as fast and easy as searching the web.
Built into the Eagle Eye Cloud VMS, Smart Video Search allows customers to quickly search across all cameras and all locations and instantly find the exact video they’re looking for, and quickly share video clips, according to the company.
There is no extra subscription fee, and no special cameras, hardware or local installation are needed. Eagle eye first previewed the feature during its Cloud Security Summit last November.
Similar to a web search, customers type in descriptions such as “man with blue shirt”, “person with backpack”, or “white Toyota car”. Results can be narrowed down by date, time, location or camera.
Eagle Eye uses AI to index video in near real time, making the video searchable almost instantly, and delivering fast, accurate results, the company says. For example, if there’s a security incident in a parking garage, users can search and — within minutes — find the person who entered the parking facility in that region.
Business owners and security directors can use Smart Video Search to set up real-time alerts to notify them of important or problematic situations. Another important feature of Search is “re-identification,” the ability to identify a person of interest and follow them across all cameras. Examples include: getting an alert when a vehicle or person enters a facility at odd times, or when an unauthorized car parks in a restricted spot.
“With billions of security cameras deployed across the globe, the amount of video data is exploding, making it impractical to manually search security video for incidents, information or insight,” says Dean Drako, CEO of Eagle Eye Networks. “Two decades ago, as the web was exploding into billions of documents, search engines transformed web pages into searchable content and made them accessible to everyone. Similarly, Eagle Eye Networks Smart Video Search transforms video into searchable content and makes it available to everyone.”
Eagle Eye Smart Video Search will be globally available in Summer 2022. Check out the video below to learn more.
Eagle Eye Networks Celebrates 10th Anniversary
Eagle Eye also announced the ten year anniversary of its founding, and ten years of working alongside its valued resellers, customers, and technology partners to make businesses more efficient and the world a safer place.
“Over the past decade, Eagle Eye Networks developed close partnerships with our customers,” says Drako. “I want to thank them for being the inspiration for many of the innovations we’ve brought to market. Our customers have also encouraged us to provide global service, and we have therefore expanded to 12 global data centers to deliver Cloud video surveillance around the world. We look forward to more collaboration in the next decade as we further develop our AI and technology ecosystem to support the security and business intelligence needs of our valued customers.”
With its incorporation in July 2012, Eagle Eye introduced Cloud video surveillance to the business world starting in North America. Named the fastest growing video surveillance company for three years running (2019-2021) by Deloitte Technology Fast 500, the company today has a global network of more than 2,500 channel partners, customers in more than 90 countries, offices in Amsterdam, Tokyo and Bangalore, and 12 data centers purpose-built for video surveillance.
Eagle Eye Networks innovations over the past 10 years include:
- Eagle Eye Video API Platform: Eagle Eye’s open API allows complete choice for customers because it is said to integrate with a limitless number of third-party applications, analytics, and systems such as point of sale, access control, and other mission-critical systems. Eagle Eye integrates with more than 10,000 makes and models of cameras, allowing customers to choose their camera manufacturer, and use existing cameras.
- Eagle Eye Cloud-Premises Flex Storage: Gives customers flexibility to adjust the portion of video stored in the Cloud and the portion stored on-premises, ranging from 0% to 100%.
- Eagle Eye Bandwidth Management: Made Cloud-based delivery of surveillance services possible to areas with reduced or limited internet connectivity.
- Camera Cyber Lockdown: Blocks cameras from communicating with the Internet, stops them from being attacked and compromised, and will not allow any trojans which may have been implanted in the cameras to communicate with the Internet.
- EE Cloud Camera Specification: Allows manufacturers to connect cameras, DVRs and encoders to the Cloud via an open source, secure, camera-to-Cloud connectivity SDK.
- Eagle Eye LPR (license plate recognition): Using AI + Cloud, makes LPR possible on any security camera, with high accuracy, even in challenging conditions.
- Eagle Eye VSP (vehicle surveillance package): Captures license plate and vehicle information received from distributed cameras and sends it to the Cloud to deliver business intelligence that improves efficiency, effectiveness and safety.
As part of the Eagle Eye 10 year anniversary, Drako will host two webinars to discuss the growth and innovation the industry has and will continue to experience:
- August 3 – “Ten years of VSaaS Innovation and Growth”
- August 25 – “The Future of VSaaS Innovation and Growth”
You can learn more about the webinars or register here.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!
Leave a Reply