Swann 4K Surveillance System Receives Google Assistant Voice Control
Swann claims to be the first security company to bring Google Assistant voice control technology to wired 4k surveillance systems.
LOS ANGELES — Swann, a global leader in DIY security, has added Google Assistant voice control capability to its wired multicamera 4K surveillance systems.
The 4K video footage can be viewed on TV, computer or hand-held devices through the HomeSafe View app. With the new voice control capability, commands such as “Okay, Google, show me channel 1,” or “Okay, Google, show me the front door,” will let users view what the cameras see on their TV, hands-free.
The 4K surveillance systems consist of multiple wired cameras and are fitted with Swann’s True Detect technology, which is said to allow the cameras to sense heat from large moving objects such as people or cars, and send push notifications to the user, while recording to a local hard drive.
Swann claims True Detect virtually eliminates false alerts from the weather, rustling trees or small animals.
“The ability to effectively monitor and protect your home 24/7 is an increasing concern for consumers,” says Jeremy Stewart, vice president of global marketing at Swann. ‘’With the Ultra HD 4K Series of DVRs, we are catering to both the professional market and the home, with the opportunity to stay alert at all times with amazing 4K video quality and powerful digital zoom. With Swann’s True Detect technology, you will always know what’s happening.”
Earlier this month, Swann added Google Assistant voice control to its other wired cameras. You can view a demo of the voice control function in the video below.
Swann 4K DVR Series Includes:
- 4K (8MP) Ultra HD cameras (kits available with 4 or 8 cameras, cameras also sold separately)
- Indoor or outdoor use, 90-degree viewing angle
- Nightvision up to 150ft/45m in total darkness (200ft/60m with ambient light)
- Free local recording for up to 180 days+ onto 2TB hard drive and save images to personal Dropbox account
- Suitable for homes, offices, small business and retail stores
- Voice commands via Google Assistant & Chromecast to see video from cameras on TV
- DIY setup or professional installation.
- *Recording times based on all cameras using True Detect heat sensing of actual events
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!
Leave a Reply