The Axis Experience Center: A Living Laboratory and Showroom Designed to Help Create a Smarter and Safer World
Axis Communications offers IP-based products and advanced integrations for video surveillance, analytics, access control, intercoms, and audio systems.
A portfolio of open platform technology solutions this extensive could be overwhelming. Which products should you use or recommend to end customers? What are the best features? How will it fit into existing infrastructure? What products work best together to deliver a comprehensive security solution?
To answer questions like these and offer training and support, Axis developed state-of-the-art experience centers to provide local partners, end customers, and the communities they serve with a hands-on opportunity to learn more about its products. There are experience centers worldwide, including the flagship showroom in Lund, Sweden and 16 state-of-the-art experience centers across the Americas, including 12 in the United States. In addition to locations in large cities like New York and Los Angeles, Axis continues to add experience centers throughout the U.S. – Boston, Fort Lauderdale, Minneapolis, Atlanta, and the like – to ensure they are geographically convenient and accessible.
What to expect at an Axis Experience Center
- Products – Axis invented the network-based surveillance and security camera in 1996 and has built on its success ever since. At an Axis Experience Center, you can test drive a wide variety of Axis network cameras to see for yourself the crystal-clear images they produce or explore the wide portfolio of other products from audio to analytics. Step inside a Security Operations Center with a video wall and monitor station that can provide the look and feel of how the technology performs in a simulated environment. Access control, intercoms, system devices, accessories – there are so many products to experience you may need to schedule additional visits.
- Industries — Axis provides a complete range of network video, audio, and access control solutions for a broad spectrum of industries and customer needs. Its flexible and secure technology is easy to integrate and scales to match your growth. Axis Experience Centers offer demonstrations of security deployments for a variety of industries: banking, critical infrastructure, data centers, education, healthcare, hotels and restaurants, retail, smart cities, and more. Visit an Axis Experience Center to see how Axis solutions work together to deliver industry-specific solutions.
- Solutions by Application – There’s an intelligent and open solution from Axis or one of its partners for just about every application. Axis Experience Centers demonstrate the value of these solutions by providing in-depth information on wearables, mobile surveillance, people counting, forensic search, license plate recognition, audio analytics, and similar applications.
- Training and the Axis Communications Academy — Learn. Know. Grow. Axis Communications Academy’s industry-recognized training delivers deep knowledge about the latest solutions, technology, and trends taught by industry experts. Axis Experience Centers offer in-person, hands-on training in a classroom environment that builds competency and puts new skills into practice.
- Events, Networking, and “Fika” — Fika is a Swedish word for coffee, but it means much more than that. An important part of Swedish culture, fika is the practice of regularly making time for friends and colleagues to share a cup of coffee and knowledge. Axis Experience Centers offer meeting spaces to host events, network, or just get together for coffee – aka fika – and discuss the latest in security technology.
Axis Experience Centers offer local resources with local flare.
When you visit an Axis Experience Center, there’s much more than the latest security technology. Each location is designed to highlight its host city and inject familiarity into the learning experience. Houston’s Axis Experience Center pays homage to the city’s roots in space exploration with a “Space City” theme. The Minneapolis Axis Experience Center offers breathtaking views of the Twin Cities and their abundant lakes via its powerful rooftop Axis cameras. Take a virtual tour of the New York City Axis Experience Center, with its Central Park and Radio City-themed rooms, here.
Schedule a visit at an Axis Experience Center in your area.
Axis Experience Centers give you the knowledge and hands-on experience to make the best choices for your unique projects. Explore all of the Axis Experience Centers and schedule a tour, training, or fika: Visit Axis Experience Center | Axis Communications
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!