Utilizing Security Technology to Increase Retail Revenue
Dahua’s retail solution provides a complete intelligent security option for retail environments.
With the impact of a rapidly developing Online shopping industry through PC and mobile devices, retail stores are facing great challenges. In a fiercely competitive market, enlarging the customer base and maintaining their loyalty has become increasingly important and at the same time – very difficult. Improving customer satisfaction, maximizing per-customer transactions, and ensuring a safe environment, all while reducing unnecessary loss, have become a major focus of retail owners and chain store companies.
According to Money Magazine (a Time Inc company) “Loss of inventory from stores — due to causes including shoplifting and employee theft — cost the U.S. retail industry nearly $48.9 billion in 2016.”
Theft is not only from shoplifting by customers, but from employees as well. This creates an increased range of areas in need of monitoring and security.
But security is about more than just stopping the loss of merchandise. With the increasing popularity of online shopping, retail stores need to not only protect their existing merchandise, but find ways to increase traffic and customer loyalty.
Introducing Dahua’s Retail Solution
Dahua’s Retail Security solution improves customer satisfaction, secures the shopping environment, and optimizes business results – which combines to keep operating expenses low, while increasing efficiency, and enhancing profits. The solution is customized for you.
Customization starts with recognizing common pain points and then maximizing the solutions around them. Major monitoring areas include:
- Entrances and exits to track customers and employees
- Store floors to identify thefts and popular traffic areas
- Checkout counters to record disputes and cashier fraud
- Store rooms to record inventory levels
- Parking lots in various lighting conditions
Dahua’s retail solutions works to maximize and centralize the monitoring and analysis of these common areas to produce maximum results for business efficiency and growth. Solutions include:
- Improved flow analysis and conversation rates through People Counting and Heat Mapping, and fisheye dewarping
- POS Integration that works with HD video and audio to help identify problems and provide evidence of wrong doing
- DSS Digital Retail application software for centralized data monitoring and analysis to provide managers time-saving historical and future trend data
- Starlight technology allows monitoring in low light settings to capture more details
- HD PTZ cameras that contain programmable automatic tracking can respond to abnormal behaviors instantly within specified areas using tripwire and missing object analytics
Bringing it all together
Retail solutions for the current environment are no longer just about basic monitoring. With advanced analytics and features full security solutions can provide improved security camera image quality and provide retail business with valuable information for future store growth.
For more information on the Dahua retail solution, click here: http://us.dahuasecurity.com/solutions/retail/
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!
Leave a Reply