LOS ANGELES — Campus Safety magazine, SSI‘s sister publication, is pleased to announce that its Campus Safety Conference will be held this summer, July 31 – Aug. 1 at the Radisson Hotel Midtown at USC in Los Angeles.
The 1 ½-day conference will be presented in partnership with the University of Southern California (USC). It is the premier event for police chiefs, security directors, IT personnel, emergency and facilities managers, and executive administrators responsible for the safety and security of schools and universities. The Campus Safety Conference will provide attendees with techniques and information on how they can prevent, detect and respond to the many types of risks and incidents that occur at today’s educational facilities. Attendees will be provided with breakfast, lunch and a networking reception, as well as the opportunity to obtain information on the latest campus safety and security products and services.
The conference will be packed with educational sessions from campus security, emergency management and law enforcement experts and practitioners.
USC Department of Public Safety Chief of Police John Thomas and Deputy Chief David Carlisle will make presentations on the school’s crime prevention and suppression strategy, and well as its efforts in working with student affairs and other stakeholders to improve campus public safety.
Other topics that will be covered include:
- Complying with the Clery Act, Title IX & Campus SaVE Act
- Active Shooter Training for K-12 Teachers and Administrators
- Surviving A Clery Audit
- The Warning Signs of Violence
- Run, Hide, Fight and Other Ways K-12 Campuses Should Respond to Active Shooters
- Higher Ed Emergency Management and Notification Panel
- Components of a Safe School Entrance
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Idaho Statewide Assessment and How to Conduct a K-12 School Safety
To obtain Campus Safety Conference registration and hotel information, visit CampusSafetyConference.com, call (855) 351-0927 or email email@example.com.