HID Linq Highlighted at GSX 2023 Show
HID demonstrated several solutions that address a number of applications, including its upcoming HID Linq centralized reader management product.
AUSTIN, Texas—HID, a developer of identity solutions, has just previewed its new centralized reader management solution, HID Linq at the just completed GSX 2023 show in Dallas.
The company states that HID Linq is designed to make the configuration and updates of physical access systems simpler, faster and more efficient.
“Managing readers has become more time-consuming than ever, and we are excited to be showcasing our solution at GSX,” says Sanjay Roy, senior director for device management with HID.
“Our initial HID Linq offering is compatible with our entire line of HID Signo readers and its capabilities will be extended over time across a wide landscape of devices, connectivity and management software. Our vision is to streamline the secure process of remotely managing access control devices and major credential technologies across the full spectrum of on-prem, cloud and mobile deployments.”
More Solutions Beyond HID Linq
During the show HID demonstrated how users can simultaneously update multiple HID Signo readers connected to a Mercury red board controller via Open Supervised Device Protocol (OSDP) or by using a serial adapter over a USB connection. Even the largest reader fleets can be updated quickly and easily.
The company demonstrated a variety of solutions that power the identities of people, places and things across multiple vertical market segments at the conference that include:
- Mobile Access for new workplace experiences: Attendees saw HID Origo cloud-based access control enabling Employee Badge in Apple Wallet interactions with standard and BLE/NFC readers and phones.
- Other HID Solutions: multi-technology, mobile-enabled HID Signo readers tailored for kiosks.
- Government Solutions: HID demonstrated its pivCLASS and Signo PIV reader products.
- Visitor Management Solutions for safer and more secure workplaces: HID showcased the latest capabilities, including multi-language support and on-screen visitor check-in alerts and front-desk instructions. Attendees were able to use the solution at the booth to experience its benefits first-hand.
- Innovations in card personalization: This part of the company’s GSX 2023 activities included live demonstrations of its secure and scalable, cloud-based HID FARGO Connect platform that HID says cuts card waste and costs. Lastly, the company showed its HID ELEMENT UV inkjet with exclusive printing technology, and best-in-class HDP6600 re-transfer card printing solution.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!