SSI Product News Update: iSTAR Ultra G2 Cyber-Hardened Controller from Tyco Software House
The iSTAR Ultra G2 is a powerful, cyber-hardened network door controller that supports up to 32 readers.
SSI Editor-in-Chief and Associate Publisher Scott Goldfine speaks with Rick Focke, director of product management for Tyco, Access Control, about its new iSTAR Ultra G2 Cyber-Hardened Controller.
In the video above, Focke dives into noteworthy features and capabilities, how the product differs from what else is in the marketplace, examples of applications and much more.
iSTAR Ultra G2 Cyber-Hardened Controller Features
- Powerful cyber-hardened network door controller for up to 32 readers
- Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) provides advanced hardware-based cybersecurity protection
- Hardened Linux embedded OS for improved security and scalability
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) module features PoE+ to power the GCM
- Up to 1M cardholders in local memory
- Dual GigE network ports with IPv6, DHCP and 802.1X support
- Embedded lock power management lowers installation costs
- Advanced controller-to-controller communications for cluster-based anti-passback and I/O logic
- Onboard 256-bit AES network encryption
- Supports OSDP Secure Channel for encrypted reader communications
- Supports Embedded High Assurance FICAM operation without third-party hardware
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!