Top 25 Tech Trends to Take in at ISC West 2016
Heading to ISC West? These technologies will be at the center of plenty of discussions and demonstrations.
Below are 20 top security technology trends I identified for ISC West a year ago, and looking at them again now I believe all remain relevant and will continue to loom large for this year’s show. However, there five others I anticipate joining the party this time. They are: 1. Surveillance drones and robots; 2. Wearable devices; 3. Virtual reality; 4. HD analog; and 5. DIY and MIY.
Collectively now, there are 25 of which to be aware. Beyond that, anticipate seeing more and better product feature sets along with more attractive pricing.
6. Cloud â€• Less infrastructure costs, centralized storage and anywhere access of security data are attractive drivers for end users to adopt cloud services, which offer integrators plenty of new recurring revenue stream opportunities. Several manufacturers will be releasing devices with cloud connectivity, some of them also offering the datacenter services to support it all.
7. Smart homes â€• The connected home craze has gained momentum to the point ISC has established an SSI-sponsored pavilion dedicated to it this year. Expect to see compelling offerings from the usual players as well as lots of newcomers tasting security as well as fledgling startups.
8. Internet of Things â€• The powerful IoT trend has helped fired up M&A activity in and around the electronic security industry and so expect to see many more devices that connect to the Internet and also communicate among each other. This is a rising force for commercial as well as residential applications.
Read Next: What You Need to Know Ahead of ISC West
9. Wireless â€• Better WiFi reliability, Bluetooth integrations and adoption of Near-Field Communications (NFC) are among the drivers fueling ever-expanding products and applications here. And why not? The cost savings and flexibility can be substantial.
10. Sustainability â€• Long scoffed at as not having much relevancy for security, some vendors are now keenly focusing on reducing the carbon footprints of their devices and systems.
11. 4K video â€• With four times the resolution of 1080p, this has generated the most surveillance buzz of late, especially for commercial/industrial security. Several suppliers will show real-world applications of 4K cameras and supporting components.
Continue to the next page for Nos. 12-25…
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!