StoneLock Releases ‘Faceless’ Biometric Access Control Solution
StoneLock Go is a next generation biometric reader that safeguards user privacy by forgoing the use of photographs while eliminating the need to touch.
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — StoneLock, a global provider of contactless and privacy-hardened biometrics solutions, announces the official launch of the StoneLock GO biometric reader.
The StoneLock GO is intentionally designed with proprietary, “faceless” recognition technology to protect users by safeguarding their privacy without the use of photographs while eliminating the need to touch, according to the company.
While an access card or password can be misplaced, shared, or cloned, the inherent properties used to authenticate users through the solution are said to ensure that the only people accessing a building or room are the ones who have been granted permission.
“The StoneLock GO is a revolutionary biometric edge reader designed to address our customers needs for a secure, easy to use and utterly private access control solution,” says CEO and Co-Founder Colleen Dunlap. “Rounding out our complete biometric-centric access control solution when coupled with the StoneLock Gateway, the StoneLock GO takes a significant leap forward by delivering exactly what enterprises need to secure their buildings, protect user privacy and deliver a completely contactless and simplified experience. We are proud to now have it in the hands of our customers at a time when protecting user privacy and utilizing contactless technology is of paramount importance.”
Product features include:
- Simplified Enrollment: Utilizing a QR code or a card swipe, the StoneLock interface delivers an easy to read display that will guide users through a simple and touchless self enrollment process.
- Near-Infrared Technology: Using state-of-the-art near-infrared sensors, StoneLock’s readers scan and store unique templates of enrolled users that are unrecognizable outside of the system, while making it universally compatible with all users regardless of gender, race, age or nationality.
- IdentityCare: The StoneLock proprietary algorithm replaces an enrolled user’s face with a mathematical representation, eliminating the need of photographs or storing images.
- Enterprise Ready: The third generation of the StoneLock Gateway provides a complete biometric-centric credentialing and user management solution that supports a highly, available, fully secured, seamless movement of biometric templates between StoneLock GO readers.
- Ease of Use: Combining industry leading security, speed and accuracy, the StoneLock GO reader is said to be built with a user-friendly, simplified operational interface for the ultimate ease in deployment, enrollment, operation and management.
Learn more in the video below.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!