Oncam Global Acquires, Changes Name to Oncam Grandeye

LOWELL, Mass. — Security solutions provider Oncam Global has fully acquired Grandeye, a provider of 360° IP video solutions. The newly combined company has been renamed Oncam Grandeye.

Oncam Global, which owned 49% of Grandeye prior to the deal, purchased the remaining 51% of shares from Creative Technology, an A/V solutions provider. Oncam will now integrate Grandeye as its technology and engineering arm, providing a suite of 360° technology for security and liability protection applications.

The deal allows the company to take control of the 360° development market across the security and commercial sectors, according to Oncam Global Group Executive Chairman Ahmed Jawad.

“With the global video surveillance market predicted to grow by more than 12% in 2012, it is vital that we are positioned effectively to continue our leadership in 360° technology and exploit new growth opportunities across the market place,” he says.

The company will also invest in a sustained research and development (R&D) program to maintain its market position.

“Grandeye will benefit from increased investment in R&D,” Jawad says. “It will also be our objective to attract the best people into our business, ensuring that we continue to lead technology development and innovation in the 360° technology market.”

If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!

Security Is Our Business, Too

For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.

A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!

Subscribe Today!

Get Our Newsletters