Eagle Eye Updates API Platform to Support Large Enterprise Deployments
Eagle Eye says the API platform supports thousands of camera types, both IP and analog, and can be used for integration, analysis, big data research or the development of completely new applications.
AUSTIN, Texas. — Eagle Eye Networks announces the enhancement of the Eagle Eye Video API platform to support large scale deployments with advanced integration requirements.
The Eagle Eye API platform delivers a robust set of enterprise wide APIs for customers’ use in easily integrating storage, analytics, indexing, and third-party interfaces with both live and recorded surveillance video, according to the company.
Launched in 2014, Eagle Eye says its API platform can be used for integration, analysis, big data research or the development of completely new applications.
Eagle Eye already supports unrestricted camera counts and locations, and this latest API enhancement expands support to advanced functionality deployments.
The API Platform supports thousands of camera types, both IP and analog. It also uses the Eagle Eye Big Data Video Framework, with time based data structures for indexing, search, retrieval and analysis of the video. It then offers API access to integrate alerts, user interfaces, applications and analysis ranging from simple searches to big data analytics.
“The enhancement of our video API platform enables developers to create and deliver scalable innovations faster with far fewer resources,” says Dean Drako, CEO and founder of Eagle Eye Networks. “The Eagle Eye Cloud Security Camera VMS is built on the Eagle Eye Video API Platform, and we are committed to providing open API support.”
Eagle Eye says the API platform can utilize existing security cameras to transform them into intelligent tools for sales, marketing, business operations improvement and planning, social media and more.
Eagle Eye Video API Platform enhancements include:
- Speed Enhancements: The API’s overall speed of requests has been dramatically enhanced.
- Video Downloads: The API download functionality now includes Eagle Eye’s time-lapse feature so an hour of video downloaded can be reviewed in as quickly 4 minutes. Full video and time lapse video can also be downloaded as a bundle.
- Analytics: The API now includes video analytics metrics such as line crossing, object counting and intrusion detection, which can be retrieved and downloaded with all cameras. Raw metrics data is also available. This allows users to keep better track of their performance metrics, improve operations and conduct their own analyses with the data.
- Portable Timeline Management: Eagle Eye’s timeline view can now be embedded into third party applications via the API so users can view specific videos without leaving a third party app, eliminating the need to log into multiple apps.
- System Performance & Network Metrics: The API now provides graphical representations of data for bridge metrics which can improve operational efficiencies (such as bandwidth used to Cloud and individual bandwidth per camera).
- Managed Switches: The API can remotely power cycle individual or all ports of Eagle Eye managed switches. This capability is said to reduce costs by eliminating the need to send a technician on-site to reset improperly functioning cameras.
- Two-Factor Authentication: The API now supports two-factor authentication per account as an extra layer of security which reconfirms users’ identities and prevents unauthorized access.
- Security Assertion Markup Language Single Sign On (SAML SSO): The API provides users access to the Eagle Eye Cloud security camera VMS using the same credentials they use for SSO in their organizations.
- Permissions: The API supports ‘per user’ permissions that can be granted, recalled, reviewed or revoked. Systems administrators area able to assign appropriate permissions per location and per camera so the right people have access to the right cameras at the right time.
- Sharing: The API supports rapid camera sharing with authorized users, and first responders.
For more info on Eagle Eye’s API platform, click here.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!