Hanwha Reveals New Line of 4K AI Cameras
Hanwha’s new AI-based cameras capture images at up to 4K resolution and include in-camera deep learning algorithms for object detection, classification and analytics.
TEANECK, N.Y. — Hanwha Techwin America announces a new line of 4K AI cameras. Part of the Wisenet P Series, the new AI-based cameras capture images at up to 4K resolution while including, in-camera deep learning algorithms for advanced object detection, classification and analytics.
Utilizing object recognition versus motion detection all but eliminates false alarms while also providing valuable business and operations insight, according to the company.
“Our new AI cameras have solid performance in both analytics and deep learning applications,” says Ray Cooke, vice president – products, solutions and integration, Hanwha Techwin America. “The included, license-free analytics detect and classify a range of objects including people, vehicles, license plates, and faces. This technology will provide more reliable edge based intelligence, and open new opportunities in security as well as business and operations intelligence.”
Unique attributes of the objects are also stored as metadata alongside the video information including:
- Colors of clothes for both top and bottom
- Clothing length for both top and bottom
- Wearing of glasses or not
- Wearing or carrying a bag
- Age group
- Vehicle types
- Vehicle colors
This metadata can be read by a VMS server and used in post-event forensic search to significantly reduce time spent investigating specific events.
Wisenet P Series AI cameras offer integration with Wisenet WAVE and other popular VMSs from Milestone and Genetec using Hanwha’s plugin.
A notable feature relevant to these times is people-counting. The Wisenet P Series AI cameras deliver this feature by utilizing the camera’s AI object detection algorithm, helping businesses re-open while following new policies regarding social distancing and occupancy limits. You can learn more about this feature in the video below.
The cameras are also equipped with a “BestShot” feature which is said to ensure that only the most suitable image of classified objects is sent to a backend server. The full video image can be up to 4K resolution to see details of objects, along with tagged attributes metadata.
Users have the option to set the image resolution to less than 4K for full video streaming or use BestShot to minimize bandwidth and storage requirements for server-based analytics.
Additional features include:
- Digital auto-tracking: provides two simultaneous streams of video, enabling operators to see the camera’s full field of view, whilst simultaneously viewing a Full HD digital PTZ auto-tracked image of a person or vehicle
- Upgraded Business Intelligence: integration with Wisenet Retail Insight providing gender and age group counting
- 12V DC power supply (50mA max): provides power for external sensors including LEDs, PIR sensors, and glass break detectors, eliminating the need for an additional power supply
The new Wisenet P Series AI cameras are available in the following configurations:
- PND-A9081RV – 4K AI dome camera with built-in IR illumination
- PND-A9081RF – 4K AI flush-mount AI dome camera with built-in IR illumination
- PNV-A9081R – 4K AI vandal-resistant dome camera with built-in IR illumination
- PNO-A9081R – 4K AI bullet camera with built-in IR illumination
- PNB-A9001 – 4K AI box camera
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!