Hanwha Techwin Wisenet WAVE 5.0 VMS Comes With Nearly a Dozen New Features
New features in Hanwha’s Wisenet WAVE 5.0 include advanced object search, audio mapping, improved cybersecurity and more.
TEANECK, N.J. — Hanwha Techwin, a global developer of video surveillance solutions, has introduced an upgraded version of its Wisenet video management software (VMS), Wisenet WAVE 5.0.
The company states the new 5.0 version of the software expands the platform’s focus on cybersecurity, security usability, convenience and interactivity to give users a security foundation for today and tomorrow’s next-generation security needs.
“A VMS platform is the heart of a video surveillance network system,” says Ramy Ayad, director, product management at Hanwha Techwin. “The devices that connect to it are increasingly sophisticated and multi-functional. A VMS system needs to continually evolve its capabilities to keep pace and exceed user requirements. This version 5.0 marks the continuing evolution of our WAVE platform as the future-proof solution security professionals need.”
Wisenet WAVE 5.0 Offers a Host of Features
The East Coast-based video surveillance software company explains that its new Wisenet WAVE 5.0 solution provides users with a number of options that improve their properties’ security that include:
- Advanced Object Search: Operators can now search for objects identified by analytics and stored in video archives by specific attributes (object type, color, gender, age, clothing), viewable in a new pop-out window.
- Metadata-driven Archive Backup: Users can configure backups of video archives based on associated system metadata, including motion, bookmarks, or objects, in addition to real-time, scheduled, or on-demand backups.
- Web Page Proxy via Servers: Local device or on-premise application web pages can be proxied via the server application and viewed through a remote connection.
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA): Cloud-connected systems can now use two-factor authentication (2FA) as a system-wide setting requiring all users with cloud accounts to use an authentication app for access. Cloud supports Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator or Duo Mobile.
- Resource Grouping: Operators can group resources (cameras, streams, encoders, web pages) in the desktop client to create roles and permissions, and for faster navigation of large systems.
- Audio Mapping: Operators can assign audio capabilities from different devices. For example, an audio source from a camera or I/O module with a microphone can be used as an audio source for another camera, or a two-way audio button can be placed on a camera without a microphone and used with a different camera with an attached speaker.
- Desktop Client Automatic Updates: The desktop client is no longer tied to the server or WAVE Sync Cloud applications when updating to a later version. When enabled, the desktop client will download updates in the background and prompt users to restart and receive the latest version. Users can also choose to disable the auto-update option.
- Encrypted Archives: Archives will be encrypted and viewable only in the desktop, mobile, and web clients. (Works on any hard drive or storage medium.)
- Server Web Admin Interface Redesign: The Server Web Admin interface now allows administrators to add and remove users, as well as view detailed information about servers, cameras, and licenses.
- Video Preview Thumbnails: In Windows and MacOS desktop clients, users can now hover over the timeline to preview videos thumbnails.
- More Secured Connections: VMS Server connections use SSL/TLS Certificate pinning to prevent “man-in-the-middle” attacks. VMS servers and clients also use new session-based (bearer token) authentication by default.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!