Johnson Controls Launches New Tyco Illustra Flex Multisensor Camera
The new Flex multi-directional camera comes with a magnetic base that enables each sensor to be independently placed and a three-axis gimbal on each sensor.
MILWAUKEE — Johnson Controls has expanded its Tyco Illustra range with the launch of a new Flex multi-directional camera.
Designed to provide a highly cost-effective solution for monitoring activity over wide open spaces, the second generation Illustra Flex multi-directional camera is equipped with four separate image sensors which can be individually positioned and angled to provide up to 360° coverage via four separate non-stitched video streams, according to the company.
Each of the four sensors are able to capture 4MP images, enabling the camera to cover an area which might normally require four separate high definition video surveillance cameras.
As well as the reduced capital cost, Johnson Controls says systems integrators and end-users can enjoy additional time and cost savings, as Illustra Flex multisensor camera requires less cabling and mounting hardware. It also only needs a single IP connection.
The Illustra Flex multisensor camera’s magnetic base enables each sensor to be independently placed and a three-axis gimbal on each sensor allows their individual fields of view to be finely tuned, providing users with a multitude of configuration options.
For example, 360° coverage of large open office areas, retail stores and car parks, 270° coverage when the camera is installed externally on the corner of a building or a 180° field-of-view when the camera is mounted on a wall.
Additional Illustra Flex multisensor camera features:
- Field swapable lens modules
- True day/night functionality with a removable infrared cut filter (ICR), which enables the camera to operate effectively in low light conditions
- True Wide Dynamic Range (TWDR) which performs at up to 50dB to deliver clear images captured from scenes which might contain bright and dark areas, such as the entrances to retail stores
- Support for H.264 and MJPEG compression formats allows up to three simultaneous video streams to be efficiently transmitted and recorded at up to 30 frames per second, while efficiently managing bandwidth to reduce storage costs
- Flexibility to choose between overview and detailed images for each stream
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) support, which negates the need to provide a separate power supply and cabling for each camera
- IP66 rated
- ONVIF Profile S-compliant
All Tyco Illustra cameras are covered by the Johnson Controls, Cyber Solutions Product Security Program which has been introduced to give all parties in the supply chain the confidence that Johnson Controls has minimized the possibility of introducing vulnerabilities into its Tyco branded electronic security solutions, according to the company.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!