WSC Hosts 1st Annual Women of the Year Awards
LAS VEGAS — The Women’s Security Council honored seven outstanding women during its inaugural Women of the Year awards on Tuesday. The program recognized top female professionals and their contributions to the security industry. SECURITY SALES & INTEGRATION served as a media sponsor for the event.
More than 100 people attended the program, which was hosted at Pinot Brassiere. The winners include:
- Systems Integrator: Erica Wood, chief security officer, American Fire & Security
- Security Service Provider: Patricia Schmitt, president and CEO, Aegis Protective Services
- Manufacturer: Carole Dougan, vice president of Strategic Accounts, Arecont Vision
- Distributor: Debby Maffei, national account manager, ScanSource Security
- End User: Michele Freadman, deputy director of aviation security operations, Boston Logan International Airport
- Dealer: Amy Kothari, president and CEO, Alarm Capital Alliance
- In the Trenches: Renee Mallonee, dealer marketing manager, Monitronics Int’l.
“Each of this year’s award recipients are paving the way for increased roles of responsibility and opportunity for women in the security industry,” WSC Founding Committee Member Rhianna Daniels says. “They are a reminder to us of the tremendous impact that women leaders have. Each of them demonstrates qualities of outstanding leadership and serve as tremendous role models for a next wave of female professionals.”
WSC offers a support system to enable women in the security industry to stay competitive in today’s dynamic marketplace. The association will profile the winners in a special April 2012 eWSC awards newsletter.
Security Is Our Business, Too
For professionals who recommend, buy and install all types of electronic security equipment, a free subscription to Security Sales & Integration is like having a consultant on call. You’ll find an ideal balance of technology and business coverage, with installation tips and techniques for products and updates on how to add sales to your bottom line.
A free subscription to the #1 resource for the residential and commercial security industry will prove to be invaluable. Subscribe today!
Recommended For You
Cloud security can present a paradox: companies love the flexibility and versatility of cloud security management, but are unsure if the cloud itself is secure enough to house their vitally important systems.
From processing power to lens selection to proper positioning, here are 13 tips to help shed light on proper installation of cameras in low-light conditions.